Bok choy!

Options
I'm currently obsessed with bok choy right now! I've been sautéing it with soy sauce garlic & ginger but that's getting boring.
Anyone have any other ideas for what to do with it?

Replies

• CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    I love me some bok choy but unfortunately, that's basically how I cook it too. lol. Sometimes I'll augment the recipe by replacing half the soy sauce with chicken stock, adding some crushed red pepper flakes, and drizzling with sesame oil at the end. But beyond that, I've got nothing...
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,437 Member
    Options
    Add PB2 and rice wine vinegar to your current concoction. Could mix that with some edamame or soy spaghetti (I do like my peanut sauce on those guys). Or, oven-roast it (probably best with the baby ones) and eat with or without mustard vinaigrette or a hot sauce. Or, chop it and put in scrambled eggs, assuming you eat eggs.
  • goldenbeaut
    goldenbeaut Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I've also been loving bok choy this week but sorry, thats the same way i cook mine lol
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    What's it like without the soy sauce and ginger?
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Grilled with lemon juice and olive oil. Add sea salt. Trick is to get the leaves nice and crispy almost burned.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Use any recipe that calls for celery or cabbage and replace.

I have a recipe I call Bok Bok Quiche.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    That is also exactly how I cook it. You could try it in soup or sauteed and added to a casserole or fritatta.
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    Grilled with lemon juice and olive oil. Add sea salt. Trick is to get the leaves nice and crispy almost burned.

Great idea! I do this with halved romaine hearts, but I never thought to do it with bok choy.
  • CaladriaNapea
    CaladriaNapea Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I steam bok choy and add olive oil and tuna fish in order to make a salad.
  • aqualeo1
    aqualeo1 Posts: 331 Member
    Options

That sounds good!
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options

Great idea! I do this with halved romaine hearts, but I never thought to do it with bok choy.

Thanks I never knew about romaine.

Yes halve the bok choy.
  • aqualeo1
    aqualeo1 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Use any recipe that calls for celery or cabbage and replace.

I have a recipe I call Bok Bok Quiche.

Also good! I hate celery so that could definitely work!

• clrss1
    clrss1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Make some kimchee or I like it steamed with a touch of lemon or rice vinegar and then sprinkle some shichimi togarashi on top.. Or gomasio on top is tasty too