I've been BSing for years but its official, I'm on my way!

Options
Back in 2007 I lost about 74 lbs by myself.. Well I had kids and ever since 2010 I've been saying that I'm going to lose this weight but I guess I wasn't ready because I would always give up. I'm TIRED of being fat.. like.. this isn't cutting it anymore. I started Monday (1/11/2017) at 253.4 (I'm 32 and 5'10") and these past 3 days I have went to the gym and worked out that treadmill for 60 minutes each time LOL And I've been logging my food, staying under 1300 cal and today I weighed 247.4! I'm currently a size 18/20 and I'm wanting to get to an 8/10.. I drink a little over a gallon of water each day and no soda/juice! My goal is to get down to 185 by June 1st.. I KNOW I can do this..

My bf sat on the couch and ate Doritos last night RIGHT beside me.. my fat self thought, ohh - I can have some.. but then the sexy woman in me said nooooope! And I went in my bedroom and wrote in my journal! LOL What are your struggles/weaknesses? What keeps you on track? I'm so excited for this journey!

Replies

• dark_sparkles37019
    dark_sparkles37019 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm currently 30, 5'8 f, 226 lbs.I'm set to sedentary and to eat a little over 1700 cals a day to lose a pound a week. Sometimes I go over, like now, but I'm losing weight still.I am on my feet all evening long at work(factory). I think you need to up your calories. I maintained 150 pounds on 1500 calories a day in the past, of course that was ten years ago but still...
  • missteena88
    missteena88 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I don't mean to discourage you but 70 Pounds of loss in 5 months is very aggressive. It took me a year to lose almost 72 pounds and I started out much heavier. I only bring this up because you mentioned trying before and being discouraged. If your goals are unrealistic, this is more likely to happen. 1 pound per week is healthy and average. Why not start there? You'll still be very close to your goal by the end of the year!
  • marie2684
    marie2684 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Back in 2007 when I lost the 74 lbs, I was doing the same thing that I'm currently doing and I actually did it in less time then my goal is now .. And I kept it off for 2 1/2 years (There came the babies LOL) If I'm hungry - I'll increase my calories for that day, but as long as I'm satisfied and hydrated - I feel I can do this! I've done a few things at home to keep my momentum going (countdown calendar that I mark off every morning before I work out). Also every 5 lbs I'm rewarding myself with something (new shirt, movie night, pedicure, etc)
  • Naruya
    Naruya Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    While I'm sure you had succes like that before, it doesn't necessarily mean you'll be able to have the same succes in such a short time. Your body has changed, you've gotten older, it might not go as fast this time around. I do agree with missteena88 that you should be aware of this in order to not get too disappointed and risk giving up. Other than that, I wish you all the best and hope it works out like you want it too! I just don't want you to give up on something when you'll surely be able to do it, even if it's in a slightly larger time-span. Good luck!