Money and Rewards

Options
Does anyone know any good apps where you earn either rewards or money for working out, losing weight, or being healthy? I know there are some, I'm just having problems finding some good ones.

Replies

• marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I made $100 off Achievemint for just syncing my Fitbit and MFP to them. I think it was $25 for every 25,000 points earned.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Most of them are scams or not worth your time. You can't expect to get something for free.
  • miranda72089
    miranda72089 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I tried looking up that Achievemint app earlier and couldnt find it. Apparently Google thinks highly of them, lol.
  • idabest777
    idabest777 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I use an app called Pact.

You can pledge to work out x number of days/week and if you miss a day it charges you some amount of money that you set in advance (minimum is $5/day that you miss). If you work out for the x number of days that you pledged then at the end of each week you get allotted some money. The amount you get varies because it's based on the amount of money paid by other users that didn't work out.

I usually get somewhere between $1-$2/week, which isn't much, but i'll take a free $50+ / year
  • miranda72089
    miranda72089 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Lol that's true. I feel that something like that would motivate me more bc I wouldn't want to lose my money.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    My reward is a set of carbon fiber wheels for my bike. Sounds like it would take 60 years to pay for them with Pact. Oh well, health and fitness (and fun) are worth paying for. And new toys are some of the best motivation there is!
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    My reward is a set of carbon fiber wheels for my bike. Sounds like it would take 60 years to pay for them with Pact. Oh well, health and fitness (and fun) are worth paying for. And new toys are some of the best motivation there is!

I do something similar but use some form of epic food challenge as a reward.
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    Dietbet?
  • rachelr1116
    rachelr1116 Posts: 334 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I tried looking up that Achievemint app earlier and couldnt find it. Apparently Google thinks highly of them, lol.

Achievemint has a regular website, that's what I use. www.achievemint.com It doesn't seem to like my Misfit Shine much since my steps never seem to sync but I do get points for logging food on MFP and for exercise I log on MapMyFitness.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I made $100 off Achievemint for just syncing my Fitbit and MFP to them. I think it was $25 for every 25,000 points earned.

I also got $100 from there. And you don't even have to do anything - I always forget about it but it tracks me anyway. Reminds me I should check in and see how close I am to getting more $$$.
  • rachelr1116
    rachelr1116 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Also, Walgreens has a Healthy Rewards program. It isn't exactly money but if you link your activity tracker you earn points that translate into savings. 5000 points = $5 off.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Also, Walgreens has a Healthy Rewards program. It isn't exactly money but if you link your activity tracker you earn points that translate into savings. 5000 points = $5 off.

I have that too. I've never figured out how to get any rewards.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    I use Pact. You commit to a # of workouts, # of days food logging, and # of fruits/veggies each week. Meet your pact, get $ from those who don't. I've made several hundred using it for 3+ years now. ACTUALLY Pact is why I started using MFP. The food logging part requires you log 3+ meals for 1200+ calories on MFP to get credit.

The workout can be using a GPS app like Map My Walk, though there are other ways to get a workout credit as well. But with a GPS tracked route it needs to be a minimum of 30 minutes with a pace at or above 2.0 mph.

For fruits/veggies, you upload an image of your food and the 'community' of users votes on whether or not it counts.

Last week I got $2.72. Transfer any time by Paypal.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Ps-about Pact, NOT wanting to pay for missing a commitment is awesome motivation.
  • shagerty777
    shagerty777 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Stick a dollar (or any other amount) in a jar for each time you hit a workout. Do not allow yourself to spend it until a set date... Alternatively, give a friend X dollars for the month, you only get it back for doing the work and proving it.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,944 Member
    Options

I do something similar but use some form of epic food challenge as a reward.

My reward is the achievement ... and the fact that I can still do what I do at my age!! :grin:

• jen_092
    jen_092 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Agree with doing Achievemint.com! Not an app. But it's so easy, I totally forget about it sometimes. And I think it's been double counting my workouts when they get logged on mapmyrun and then pop up here on MFP (shh!). I don't even have a fitbit or anything. It gives you points for tweeting healthy stuff! And weighing yourself, logging food... I'm not really motivated by it but I can set it and forget it.
  • AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Dietbet is good. I cashed out after 50 lbs and a bunch of challenges with $830. :)
  • gdsmit1
    gdsmit1 Posts: 137 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

Wish I knew they did the referral thing. I'd have clicked your link

Looks interesting. Going to give it a try.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options

Or go to most other stores and save the money without messing with points.

Walgreens is super expensive around me.