Broken Toes, Broken Leg, Neck Surgery, IC - I am back!

Options
I was doing very well, and was even still losing weight and becoming more fit, doing more 5Ks, enjoying life, and then IT happened, well, lots of ITs happened. I broke 2 toes at 2 different times, 2 weeks apart in May 2015. I got to wear one of those fun blue shoe things because I thought I was Superwoman and I could still do it all. Finally got that off, and started back at it. I was in the middle of a trail run in November 2015, and working on a 30 Day Virtual Ironman when a gully decided to give way. I had broken my leg. While I was on crutches, I noticed my neck was bugging me, but wrote it off that it was BECAUSE of the crutches. I was wrong. In April 2016 I ended up having a 2 Level ACDF Surgery (Cervical Fusion). While recovering from that, I started having a lot of UTI's again. Nope. Wrong. After some testing, we found out that I was misdiagnosed with Interstitial Cystitis 6 years ago (basically, the lining of my bladder is not a happy camper, and there is no cure for it). So now I my toes are great, my leg is great, my neck is almost fused (can take a year if everything goes well, and it has gone well up to this point), and I am working on controlling my IC. It has been a while since I was on MFP, but I am looking to find some friends that might be in a similar boat as me (if you are in the SAME boat as me, wowsa!, I feel your pain). HMU!

Replies