Motivation Needed

Options
Hi everyone! I'm 38, and the mother of a 4 year old girl. I've struggled with my weight for many years, until I named to get down to size 6/8 before having my daughter in 2012. I only gained 30lbs with my pregnancy, but never quite found my groove to motivate me to get back on track. I'm a serial dieter...I try 1 after the other and continuously fail. If I don't see quick results, I give up quickly. I would love to have buddies who understand my struggle and strive to be healthy and fit. Feel free to add me.

Replies

• Munest
    Munest Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi im a 38 year old as well, i have a 1 year old, i have not been able to loose the weight i gained with her, im struggling more i guess because of age or just lack of motivation. I went from 150 lbs to 210 lbs full pregnancy, i lost 40 lbs right after pregnancy but i just cant seem to loose these last 20 lbs. I am an emotional eater, and i saw myself on all the holiday pictures this last year and i just have to do something about it.
  • denmark979
    denmark979 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    i was a roller coaster when it came down to dieting. ups and downs and highs and lows. there's a few things that i've learned over the years. 1. stop dieting. girl stop dieting and make a lifestyle change. keep it 80 good 20 bad ;-) but don't be restrictive and if you follow the mfp calories guidelines, that weight will come off and stay off. 2. you gotta exercise. if you're anything like me and like to eat, then that means you better be willing to move. exercise can be fun. 3. get a pedometer. if you get up to those steps it seems like you have less to worry about. girl good luck on your journey.