Ideal body weight?

Options
What is considered healthy for 19 year old females? I have been progressively losing weight, but I am getting to the point where I am almost at my goal and am debating if I should create another goal to lose more or just focus on maintaining or building muscle.

Replies

• nicolettepretorius
    Options
    MeganAM89 wrote: »
    how tall are you?

About 165cm
  • nicolettepretorius
    Options
    MeganAM89 wrote: »
    I just quickly googled and a healthy weight for someone your height and age is in between 116-145 pounds.

Thanks!
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    What is considered healthy for 19 year old females? I have been progressively losing weight, but I am getting to the point where I am almost at my goal and am debating if I should create another goal to lose more or just focus on maintaining or building muscle.

Congratulations for being about to hit your goal! That's awesome! Must have taken a lot of hard work and restraint. :smile:

Focus on maintaining and building muscle. That's healthy for everyone. And you'll probably appreciate a change of pace after achieving your weight loss goal.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options

Congrats on achieving your goals!

Is you next goal based on athletic performance or more aesthetics?

Take a look at progressive resistance training. So many people are concerned with weight that they neglect the muscle building aspect and the incredible long term effect this has.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    If you want to narrow that weight range a little more, think about your frame size. Google "measure frame size women". For example, my wrist measurement tells me that I have a large frame, so I aim for the middle to top of the healthy BMI range for my height. That gives me a 20 lb range, and then I can see what feels best once I get there.
  • federicafezza4271
    federicafezza4271 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am approximately the same height (maybe 170 cm) and i'm 24, I was at my lowest weight at 17 yo, 54 kgs (119 lbs), looking at pictures from then I'd describe as thin. so it was "ideal" for my appearance. But i had no muscle at all, also I remember having frequent headaches and low energy levels so I wouldn't say that I was ideal for my health.

I once saw a definition of ideal weight that was something like this:
    it's the weight that you can mantain with a lifestyle that makes you healthy and happy.
    If keeping a certain weight requires a "normal" effort, that can be an ideal weight but if it requires excessive sacrifices it probably is not ideal for your life. of course it depends on personal priorities and other factors I guess!

that's why I think it's not possible to define an ideal weight that is the same for everyone!

What is your current weight? if you want to tell, of course :)
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    It depends(tm). I'm not a fan of "people of H height should weight between W(min) and W(max)" - I'm a much bigger fan of "should be between bodyfat B(mix) and B(max)" instead. Overall weight is a terrible predictor of health.