Pc Menu Spaghettini with Fibre

Options
Does anyone know of a calorie count for Blue Menu Spaghettini with Fibre COOKED, ie one cup = ? calories. Package directions are for precooked weight and that doesn't work when you're cooking for a family!

Replies

• Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    You weigh the dry amount before, then weigh the amount after cooking to determine what percentage you're putting on your plate.

If I were cooking for 4 and used 250g of dry pasta, I'd weigh the total amount after cooking - let's say 500g. Divide 500/4 and you will get the weight of your serving. Divide 250 by 4 and you will get the weight of dry pasta to log.
  • davidandlyndagraham
    Options
    Thank you but I think it will be simpler to go out and buy some whole wheat pasta
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Thank you but I think it will be simpler to go out and buy some whole wheat pasta

Absolutely, but how do you know how much you're eating unless you weigh it - no matter what it is?

The recipe builder helps when you're making a multi-ingredient meal. Weigh your raw ingredients, cook and weigh your final product (subtracting the weight of the pan) and set the number of servings for 1g or 100g. That way when you put your plate on the scale, you can log the amount you're dishing up.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    The reason @Queenmunchy suggested it doing it that way is because it is really difficult to assess how much water was absorbed during cooking of pasta. You and I may have the same pasta but if I like mine a mushier texture than al dente, I'll cook it longer and it will absorb more water and it's a crapshoot when it comes to find the correct entry.

Weigh dry.

I make multiple servings at once too. I pour my dry pasta into a bowl on my scale and record the weight. If I am serving two, I take half the weight of the pasta and log it. If I eat a couple extra strings of spaghetti or give my boyfriend more, I don't sweat it too much but I think it's more accurate than trying to find an entry for cooked pasta.
  • Abby2205
    Abby2205 Posts: 253 Member
    Options

I make multiple servings at once too. I pour my dry pasta into a bowl on my scale and record the weight. If I am serving two, I take half the weight of the pasta and log it. If I eat a couple extra strings of spaghetti or give my boyfriend more, I don't sweat it too much but I think it's more accurate than trying to find an entry for cooked pasta.

I do the same. Say I'm making pasta for four. I might weigh out 400 g (I'm not good at estimating the right amount of dry pasta to cook so I've been weighing it out for years), cook, then serve out four equal portions by eye, log 100 g for myself. Weighing raw ingredients then portioning by eyeball has worked well for me for most recipes.