Cannot Find the Motivation to Go to the GYM-- Any Workout DVD Suggestions?

Options
Hi guys! Anyone have any fun and effective workout DVD/in home workouts they can suggest for me? I have a gym membership, but the weather in my area has been terrible lately and I don't want to keep using it as an excuse to not get my workouts in. Any tips at all would be great!

Also, if you know of any free ones on youtube that you guys can send links to that would be awesome as well!

Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• ajwcyclist2016
    ajwcyclist2016 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    No dvd tips. A big motivated for myself is to enter an event that you need to train for and going to the gym has its reason as there is a purpose to it and reason to train.
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I used to do POP Pilates videos on youtube when I was too lazy to go to the gym. Good work out and minimal equipment needed.

I do second giving yourself a reason to go to the gym though. Both times I got on board with fitness was when I had a reason. The first I was working my way up to a half marathon, so I was training for a 5k, 10k, and the half. Now I'm an aerialist (which is a good workout in and of itself) but I realized to get better I needed to be putting in time outside of class to improve my strength and endurance. So find a sport or event you enjoy and start training for that.
  • SymbolismNZ
    SymbolismNZ Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Have a look at Onnit's two Kettlebell workout DVDs, you can get digital copies for $5 each - get yourself a couple of kettlebells (as cheap as $25 each) and that'll give you some good stuff you can do in home.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Check out fitnessblender.com
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,583 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! Anyone have any fun and effective workout DVD/in home workouts they can suggest for me? I have a gym membership, but the weather in my area has been terrible lately and I don't want to keep using it as an excuse to not get my workouts in. Any tips at all would be great!

Also, if you know of any free ones on youtube that you guys can send links to that would be awesome as well!

Wait, the weather in the gym is fine. Are you saying you just don't want to go because it's cold outside? If you're COMMITTED to improving your fitness and health, you still go. This is a small obstacle.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels, Denise Austin, The Firm, Turbo Jam, Rockin'body, PiYo(the last 3 are all Beach Body workouts-their stuff is really good ) BeFit channel, exerciseTV, and fitness blender (online) also have great workouts. There are so many things you can do at home without spending any money on a gym membership you won't use.
  • Madux1818
    Madux1818 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »

Wait, the weather in the gym is fine. Are you saying you just don't want to go because it's cold outside? If you're COMMITTED to improving your fitness and health, you still go. This is a small obstacle.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

This.

• spoiledwife12
    spoiledwife12 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Turbo Fire by Chalene Johnson (also associated with Beachbody). I cannot praise this DVD series enough! Yeah, it seems a lot to pay upfront for a workout but the variety and number of workouts is extensive. And not a lot of space is required. I've had mine for almost six years and I'm not even close to getting bored. I used to be a dedicated step user but TF is the bomb! It really is so worth it! And SO FUN!
    Other workouts I recommend: Anything by The Firm, Cathe Friedrich (amazing workouts, plenty of cardio and strength-training), Kari Anderson. Just my $0.02 :)
  • Donna_Renae
    Donna_Renae Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone who actually answered the question.
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Probably any workout DVD will do. Depends on the intensity you want. I like Insanity because its the most like the workouts I do in Crossfit, but sometimes I just youtube dance/Zumba videos and do those when I'm bored and groovy.
  • katelaurel390
    katelaurel390 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Tone It Up has SO many free workouts you can find either on their website or via YouTube. There are videos you can follow along for every body part, total body, HIIT circuits, yoga and stretching. They even put up a weekly schedule on their site every Sunday that you can follow along if you don't know where to start.
  • Fitgirllife72
    Fitgirllife72 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I really like Jillian michaels, Leslie sansone and anything from the series The Firm
  • HomeatWDW
    HomeatWDW Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I just signed up for Beachbody on Demand All Access, which includes all of their programs, but it's $99 for the year. Just search YouTube and the app stores for lots of free options.
  • MeganHann
    MeganHann Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My favorite YouTuber is Millionaire Hoy. Lots of great workouts for every fitness level, and he's super motivational.
    https://m.youtube.com/user/yaboymillhoy
  • tolae2006
    tolae2006 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You don't need to spend a dime, YouTube has tons of workout. Try Taebo, fitnessblender, Jillian micheals, Leslie Sansone.