New My Fitness Friends NEEDED (Fitbit friends would be great too!)

Good Day, MF PEEPS!

Hey there. I'm Jake and I am a former MFP stud from about a year and a half ago by losing over 50 pounds. I have, since, maintained my weight (for the most part); but since the holidays, I've been seeing the scale start to move in the opposite direction, I decided its time to stop that *kitten* before it starts.

Upon my return to MFP, I noticed that my feed looks much more like a ghost town than I remember it lol. Many of my old buddies have either succeeded and moved onto other things, or have fallen off the wagon. One of the biggest things that helped fuel the most successful approach to my weight in my life were my fitpals!

So here I am. Asking for more of you. I need friends who will help check up on me, help encourage me, and help motivate me. Not to mention, sometimes its really nice to just talk to people who are going through the same thing.

My goals this time around are:
1. Lose 20 additional pounds
2. Form a habit of making it to the gym regularly
3. Build a solid base of lean muscle mass on my body.

In case you wanted to know more about me:
1. Basketball. Basketball. Basketball. Any way and every way. I coach, watch, play, and officiate hoops.
2. I have 2 hairy children (dogs).
3. I work in the heart of Downtown Denver, and I find peace by going on lunchtime walks to take street photos and adding them to my Insta... Yeah I guess I'm a 'Grammer.
4. Math major for my second bachelor's degree (that should weed out some of you lol)
5. Hip Hop music aficionado. All the eras.
6. Sneakerholic. I have 60 pairs of collectable sneakers.

Hit me up if you're a good fit peep. Add me.

Replies

• TeachingT
    TeachingT Posts: 814 Member
    Oh crap....I was all excited till the last sentence. First, define "good"
    Next, how "fit" do your new potential friends need to be?
    :p
  • OGJake12
    OGJake12 Posts: 181 Member
    Lol. Good means you are in this for the long term and you wont ghost in a week.

You don't have to be fit yet, you just have to be committed to getting there!
  • TeachingT
    TeachingT Posts: 814 Member
    I don't know what ghost means, I'm fully alive. And I'm definitely in this for the long haul. I win!!!
  • christina_foote
    christina_foote Posts: 5 Member
    i need fit pals i just downloaded this today and i'm super excited to stick with it! let's be palsss nice to meet you!!
  • ColoradoChlo
    ColoradoChlo Posts: 517 Member
    edited January 2017
    I would define myself as "good fit peep"! I'd love to be friends... also you can add me on Fitbit [edited by mods] :)
  • OGJake12
    OGJake12 Posts: 181 Member
    Ghosts a tend to disappear lol.

Got both of you added! Thank you for the support! Looking forward to being pals!