New to weight loss need help

Options
I just started dieting for the first time in my life. I'm not sure which number I should try to get the the max and which ones I should. Could I get advice and the ones I need more of can someone tell me how to get more in that category.
Link to my MFP summary for today:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2oIxTDOVD3JN2Z4SE56dDRDZGs/view?usp=drivesdk

Replies

• Joshuakilgore
    Joshuakilgore Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I still have 538 calories remaining for the day btw.
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    If you go to settings and set your diary to public, you'll get better responses. Also, what is your starting weight, height and goals? (I don't click on random links)
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    If you're just starting out, focus on calories first. Once you get logging down and are consistent with that, then look into your nutrients. Fat, protein, and fiber tend to be seen as minimums to reach.
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    For weight loss, just calories. You want them to be at or a little under your goal number.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Plug your stats in MFP and do exactly as it says
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    I just started dieting for the first time in my life. I'm not sure which number I should try to get the the max and which ones I should. Could I get advice and the ones I need more of can someone tell me how to get more in that category.
    Link to my MFP summary for today:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2oIxTDOVD3JN2Z4SE56dDRDZGs/view?usp=drivesdk

If you set your goals using Myfitnesspal, you have a calorie goal which you are supposed to reach. It is calories that are important for weight loss. Macros (Carbs, Protein, Fat) have other functions in terms of fitness and health goals, but don't have significant importance in terms of losing weight. So concentrate on your calories for now.

As you progress, you will find what helps keep you feeling full. For some, many in fact, protein and fat help keep them feeling full. For others it is carbs. You need to find what works for you. Generally, higher protein is a good thing when losing weigh.