Best recipe/nutrition websites??

Options
dopehat
dopehat Posts: 33 Member
Hey everyone :) I have only very recently started cooking (I've cooked 2 meals so far) and I've started to rather enjoy it! Just wondering if there's any recipe websites that anyone can recommend? Preferably a site that is specifically healthy recipes (I'm still trying to get used to knowing what is fattening and what isn't!)

Are there any certain sites that have a full comprehensive list of foods and their nutritional value? I'd like to find a site that will tell me how much of each certain vitamin I should have, what it's benefit is, and what foods have it. (if that makes sense!)

Thanks!!

Replies

• LindseyDD
    LindseyDD Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com

THE BEST!
  • laurelderry
    laurelderry Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    cleaneatingmag.com

It's amazing!! ;)
  • anisajoi
    anisajoi Posts: 3
    Options
    My fav is cookinglight.com I also love the magazine, there is the nutritional value at the end of each recipe. Good luck with your venture. Also, I started with swapping things in my fridge and cabinet (like smart balance instead of butter or other margerins), then as I got more into cooking I started substituting ingredients myself (like skim milk instead of whole or half and half instead of cream), so now when I want to cook something I just google it and a ton of sites come up, they don't always have the nutrition facts but having the heathy stuff in your kitchen makes every meal a healthy one.
  • dopehat
    dopehat Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone! Appreciate it. Can't wait to check them all out!

I'm poor as DEATH right now while I'm studying and having trouble getting enough hours at work so I can only get a select couple of groceries. I still live with the family at home and desperately trying to convert them to healthiness (they are obsessed with takeaway, soda, sweets).

My mum is on the verge of diabetes and very slowly making healthier choices so I'm trying to learn recipes as she loves it when she doesn't have to cook. So it's a great way to get her to buy and eat healthy stuff. Plus I'm really starting to enjoy cooking (not that I've done much of it yet!!) I was always scared to cook a meal (especially for others) but there do seem to be a lot of quite simple options out there.. yay! :D
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    sparkrecipes.com
  • rat70
    rat70 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    OK, this one doesn't necessarily have 'healthy' recipes but it is great for learning to cook (good on you for that, BTW!) It is Australian too so that might help with ingredients and measures etc.

http://www.exclusivelyfood.com.au/

They have lots of pictures of the steps etc. And everything I have made from their site has tasted fantastic (best Banana Cake recipe I've made). Try the Hummus recipe for a healthy dip - never fails (and I've made others that have!)
  • daniey89
    daniey89 Posts: 23
    Options
    Hey there

A really good one is www.healthyfoodguide.co.nz it has heaps of healthy recipes and nutritional content too.
  • welloiledmachine
    welloiledmachine Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Here's a couple of cool websites. www.graciouspantry.com and www.busybuthealthy.com.
  • helenzback
    helenzback Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Very informative, great info folks. Thanks.