favourite sandwich/wrap spreads and sauces

Options
So I want to know what your favourite sauces/relishes and spreads are to go on sandwiches or wraps that aren't too high in calorie. I already know about laughing cow but what others are out there...?

Replies

• realrayne10
    realrayne10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Avacados are my new best friend!
  • dopehat
    dopehat Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I agree, avocados are great. I also use hummus (I'm obsessed with hummus) :P
  • B3Streeter
    B3Streeter Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    yes hummus! roasted garlic is my favorite
  • clrrrr
    clrrrr Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Mustard! It's literally calorie-free. As long as it's not like honey mustard or anything. Also for pastas and soups and stuff I like to add in some Boboli pizza sauce because I'm obsessed with tomato flavor, but that might not work for sandwiches. And roasted bell peppers have a great flavor for any kind of Caprese-esque sandwich/salad (i.e. mozzerella, basil, tomato, etc.) but are pretty expensive. I don't like sundried tomatoes but if you do those are an option. And pesto, but it's made with oil so it's pretty caloric (same with avocados). It's good fat, but you need to be careful about portions. Also pickle slices are great for sandwiches and are also almost calorie-free. And if you like sour cream on tacos or whatever then you can substitute fat-free Greek yogurt for that same creamy, sour taste but with the calories coming from protein as opposed to fat. I've also heard you can mix those salad dressing powder packets (ranch or whatever) into Greek yogurt and it comes out tasting like regular salad dressing but with the same fat/protein swap.
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    mustard or dijon mustard. cottage cheese is great, get the bulla one low calorie as long as you dont overdo it and it comes in different flavours like onion and chives. and sundried tomato