new to everything please help

Options
please help am a beginner and have no idea where to start I have gained so much weight after having my second child and I feel real unhappy with myself and can't even look at myself in a mirror.
I weigh 282 pounds.

Replies

• brittanynkaska
    brittanynkaska Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am in the exact same boat. Second child and my weight has ran away from me. I want tp cry everytime i look in the mirror which i do a very good job at avoiding lately. I am just getting started once again after many fail attempts. If there is anything I can help with please add me or send me a message. I will gladly help in any way I can.
  • SierraFatToSkinny
    SierraFatToSkinny Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    please help am a beginner and have no idea where to start I have gained so much weight after having my second child and I feel real unhappy with myself and can't even look at myself in a mirror.
    I weigh 282 pounds.

We're similar in weight!

Let's be friends. ;) lol

How tall are you? How old?

I'm 28 and 5'8"ish.

I think most people would agree that it can help to weigh and measure your food at first. Like a little food scale. Oh! And drink lots of water. Nothing but water!

If you're not sure what to do exercise wise, then can help to take a walk in the morning or afternoon. :)
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Have you read the "must read"s? If you haven't, do, or at least read this: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    You need to focus on building habits that will get you moving in the right direction. Start by simply logging everything you eat for a few days. This will make you aware of what you're actually eating (in terms of calories and macros...protein/carb/fat). If you know what you are doing for nutrition, you can make adjustments to get you moving in the right direction.

As for exercise, there are a lot of great programs that you can do in your home that will give you a plan to follow. They work great since all you have to do is simply follow along and do your best. Find something you find fun. You'll work harder that way.
  • hookandy
    hookandy Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Another good tip is to measure waist, hip thigh etc and take photos. 6 months from now when the scales refuse to move they will give you a good pick me up when you are feeling frustrated, (Measure monthly or so)
  • kevinmurray4
    kevinmurray4 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    As Terbusha says, log everything you eat for a few days, you will then see the calories and macros you are currently consuming and can work on a plan from there. Just eat what you would normally for these few days (chocolate etc ) this will give you an insight into how much these "bad" foods actually have within them. Once you know what you currently eat you will have a better understanding of what to reduce/remove form your daily consumption to meet your macros. Training wise, start easy so you don't discourage yourself if you can't complete anything, if you keep working hard you will get to where you want to be!! Also dont rely on the scales too much, the mirror and the fit of your clothes is a better indication of your progress. I weigh myself once a week and track it that way, I also measure neck, chest, waist, hips, upper leg, lower leg and upper arm but that is optional. If you ever have any questions please feel free to add me as a friend.
  • karina0679
    karina0679 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am also trying to lose weight , I have never been so heavy. Feel free to add me :) We can do this