Salad dressings?

Options
I always get ranch . I have never tried anything else cuz im afraid i wont like it...any ideas?

Replies

• obnurse2006
    Options
    I'm a ranch lover too, but I tried Light Sweet and Spicy French, and I enjoyed it. The light ranch is OK, but def not the same.
  • clrrrr
    clrrrr Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Try a non-creamy Caesar. Or I like to just mix balsamic and olive oil with mustard and sea salt for a really basic dressing where you can control the macro ratios. Also I've heard you can mix dressing flavoring packets with yogurt (like fat-free Greek yogurt) to get the same flavor with less fat and calories and more protein.
  • Lindz2323
    Lindz2323 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Look for Walden Farms zero calorie dressings! I buy it at Sunflower Market, but they're probably at most health food store or farmers market stores. I like the Balsamic dressing they have! Not a fan of the rest though, but the Balsamic kind is amazing! Btw, ranch is also my favorite, and I do love this kind.. =)
  • kirianna55
    kirianna55 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I love sweet and spicy french dressing. To cut the calories and sodium, I mix the dressing in a measuring cup and add 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar. If I don't tell people, they don't even notice. You get to pour back most of the dressing back but you have to eat salad when you made this because there is extra.
  • rat70
    rat70 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I LOVE salad and a lot of the taste comes down to the dressing. I don't like commercially produced dressings in general. I don't like all the additives in them so I always make my own. My favourite would be a balsamic dressing too. I mix equal quantities of a good balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil and add cracked black pepper. I also like a Red Wine Vinaigrette. Mix 1 Tbsp each Red Wine Vinegar and Extra Virgin Olive Oil with pepper and a half to one teaspoon of Dijon Mustard. Yum!
  • lfcutie
    lfcutie Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    someone else posted this awhile back and said get buttermilk ranch dressing mix use buttermilk and no mayo but greek yogurt. i tried it, it taste really good suprising. and u can have like a 1/4c. for like only 30 cal. the only tip i have is let it set til it chilled or u can really taste the greek yogurt
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    i love honey mustard dressing. 2 tbsp. only has 50 calories compared to 100 cal per tbsp of mayonnaise but it taste creamy just like mayo or ranch dressing.
  • YoungJoker
    Options
    I always pour a couple of teaspoons of salsa on my veggie salad, it's really low calories and taste distinctively yummy:bigsmile:
  • ashleymariec89
    ashleymariec89 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I agree make your own!!

I found a really good base salad dressing recipe that simple things can be added to make different kinds of dressings...

Creamy cottage cheese dressing

1c low fat cottage cheese
    1/2 c lowf at buttermilk

Blend in blender until smooth
    2T 26cal 2 carb 0 fat

Use base dressing and add the following to make different dressings

Creamy french- 1 t no salt tomato juice, 1t paprika, 1t ddry mustard, 1t Worcestershire sauce, 1t Dijon mustard, 1t onion powder, 1t garlic powdeer
    2T 28 cal, 2 carb, 0 fat

Green goddess- 3 anchovies, 1t green onion, 1T parsley
    2T 26cal, 2 carb, 0 fat

Creamy Italian- 1/2 t oregano, 1/2 t garlic powder, 1/2 t onion flakes
    2T 24 cal, 2 carb, 0 fat

Creamy horseradish- 1-2 T horseradish
    2T 24 cal, 2 carb, 0 fat

Creamy thousand Island- 2T pickle relish or chili sauce, and dry mustard to taste
    2T 28 cal, 2 carb, 0 fat

Creamy Dill- 1/2 - 1 t dried dill
    2T 24cal, 2 carb, 0 fat

enjoy :)
  • d_llopez
    d_llopez Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I have Newman's light sesame dressing. It's really good.
  • Fleshandlace
    Fleshandlace Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I love the taste of Hendricksons Origional (it's fat free but don't have that "light/FF" taste) Sweet Vinegar and Oil. nom nom nom :)
  • Zockera
    Zockera Posts: 8
    Options
    I like a tablespoon of hunny in my salad. Its good for you and sweet. :3