Noob needing some inspiration/motivation

Options
Hi, I am 37 yo nurse who has pcos which has made losing weight extremely difficult. Ive always been active and played sports until the last few years when my weight started to get the best of me. I have recently lost almost 30lbs (since nov) and am in the process of having gastric sleeve surgery in the next couple months. I weigh 358 at 5' 5" today and I am still stubborn, thinking I can do this without surgery. I have been doing water aerobics (easy on the joints) and some yoga. I love both. I have a total gym at home but confused on how to use it, lol. I love to dance. That would be my ideal exercise. I just want to be healthy and take care of me before everyone else for once. Just need some accountability and maybe someone to yell at me!

Replies

• missteena88
    missteena88 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    You CAN do it without surgery! I am! I started over 370, currently 294 and continuing to go. In 1 year! Remember, no surgery comes without complications. At least doing it naturally, the only "complication" you'll have is keeping yourself motivated. There are tons of dance videos on YouTube that are free to do from the comfort of your own home. You can do it!
  • MsBode
    MsBode Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    PCOS here. I started in Feb 2016 at 231. I felt like no matter what diet I did I couldn't lose it. And I was always hungry and tired. I did Atkins, Ww, everything. Couldn't stick with it. Then I just started calorie tracking on here and sticking to lean meats, whole grains, lots of veggies and fruits. I started out by walking the slowest basset hound for 30 minutes a night and by Christmas I'm down 61 lbs. I've just started working with weights and it hurts. But so did the first couple weeks of my new lifestyle and walking. With PCOS it feels like an uphill battle all the time. Especially when compared to people who don't have it. But it is doable. The main thing is holding yourself accountable. Telling yourself "No" when needed and cheering yourself on.

Side note. My identical twin sister had lap band years ago. I was so jealous. She lost some initially and gained it back with pregnancy but also had to have her gallbladder out and has horrible reflux since getting it. You can do it without surgery but surgery may give you the push, it may not. That's a personal choice.
  • Foxmom2006
    Foxmom2006 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good luck we can do this!!!