Bariatric surgery

Options
Hi my name Kioyka and I had Bariatric surgery on December 5, 2016. I'm so ready to start my new life and journey towards becoming a more healthy and active person. I can say it's the best decision that I've made.

Replies

• Rebecca_1492
    Rebecca_1492 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Gastric Bypass Nov 28 2016. Our surgeries are close in time. I am using this app to keep track of protein so necessary and stressed by my doctor's team. Wishing you the best of success with your journey!
  • coffeefreak1983
    coffeefreak1983 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had a gastric sleeve done Nov 25th 2016 and looking for some support
  • littlefoot612
    littlefoot612 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Christine and I had gastric bypass on Dec 15/16
  • katbudw
    katbudw Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I truly hope that you're doing great and loving the start of your new year.
  • abcmommyx3
    abcmommyx3 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    New life new year!
  • LisaG58
    LisaG58 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had a sleeve 12/15/16 and would love to join a group on MFP if there's one going?
  • bessie78
    bessie78 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I had the sleeve 12/12/16 and would love to have some friends
  • boxergirl_1120
    boxergirl_1120 Posts: 6 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hey everyone! I had VSG (sleeve) on 12/19/16. I have had a rough time. I had been tracking and was losing well. It's been a week with no weight loss. I'm struggling with protein and water intake. Down 23 pounds from surgery but tomorrow that will be a month and I just feel like I should've lost more. My surgeon didn't require post ops liquids but for a week then next week I'm all the way up to real solids. I wonder if I would have done better on all liquids for longer. I'm stressed about it and feel like a failure.
  • Lunarbeanie
    Lunarbeanie Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    LisaG58 wrote: »
    I had a sleeve 12/15/16 and would love to join a group on MFP if there's one going?

There is a group
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/637-gastric-bypass-vsg-lapband
  • Lunarbeanie
    Lunarbeanie Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I had VSG (sleeve) on 12/19/16. I have had a rough time. I had been tracking and was losing well. It's been a week with no weight loss. I'm struggling with protein and water intake. Down 23 pounds from surgery but tomorrow that will be a month and I just feel like I should've lost more. My surgeon didn't require post ops liquids but for a week then next week I'm all the way up to real solids. I wonder if I would have done better on all liquids for longer. I'm stressed about it and feel like a failure.

I was sleeved on Dec 9. The weight loss seems to be like that. Fast at the beginnign and then it slows down.
    Don't stress! I'll do it for you ;).
    Anyways 1-2 lbs per week after the first 3ish weeks is normal from what I am understanding.
    And when has anyone dropped 23 lbs in a month (woot!)
  • edithlymarie
    edithlymarie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    Don't stress and also don't compare yourself to others as far losing goes or body image. Everyone is different. After surgery is suggested that you do liquids-mashed foods-then solids. Also concentrating on protein and water intake, this my friend is the hardest and it's like a juggling job! But if you keep your protein first and hydrated you will see how your body recover faster and also loose. I think you are doing great as far as 23lb goes.
    Just keep it up and think about the fact we got overweight over a extended period of time and that took a lot of time and energy, so this process is gonna be almost the same. It takes time but is well worth it! Xo