To Pill or not to pill.. That's the misconception

Options
KDC1229
KDC1229 Posts: 10 Member
edited January 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
U can Take as many diet pills as you want but ultimately, your weightloss will not become effective & successful W/O a diligent change within your food intake. Once you master balancing your portion & types of foods to eat then you will see long term changes.
Once you master this goal add in some additional cardio!❤️Peace and no Chicken grease!

Replies

• wcottrell65
    wcottrell65 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You're exactly right! You seem to be highly educated on the subject. Please develop a blog so we may be able to follow you. Thank you.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    KDC1229 wrote: »
    U can Take as many diet pills as you want but ultimately, your weightloss will not become effective & successful W/O a diligent change within your food intake. Once you master balancing your portion & types of foods to eat then you will see long term changes.
    Once you master this goal add in some additional cardio!❤️Peace and no Chicken grease!

I liked everything you said, until you demonized chicken grease. :angryface:
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options

I think that's just for the rhyme - at least I hope so :D
  • eday79
    eday79 Posts: 86 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

I like, but I wouldn't say that you have to set the goal of mastering your food BEFORE your start to become active.
    Yes it is important for your calorie intake and food quality to be addressed at the start of your weight loss journey but moving your body at the start is important too.
    Resistance training & cardio are good.
    The key is to keep your body fuelled & nourished so it will realease what's not needed ( i.e. Fat, water. Toxins, waste) and to keep your body guessing when it comes to exercise. Switch up routines, work up a sweat, your workout shouldn't be a breeze if you want to make good changes to you body, push yourself.

Like KDC1229 said You do have to master your diet but more than that become a master of yourself as you transform not only your body but your mind too.

As for pills, I'm definitely with you there. I prefer building my physique on graft, sweat & tears lol

After completing my family of 5 children, I made it my mission to create my 'forever body' and become the best version of myself (inside & out)

I am passionate about training, it's become a way of life & I have picked up knowledge along the way. I understand some of the hurdles- physical, mental & emotional lol

Add me as a friend if you like, I welcome everyone.
  • AllSpiceNice
    AllSpiceNice Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Mostly good advice, but not the part about "the body not releasing fat if you go too low in calories." That is wrong and only serves to confuse new dieters whose real problem is most likely inaccurate logging and lack of patience for weight loss results.

I'm not advocating a Very low cal diet at all! It's important to get adequate nutrition and to properly fuel your body. But it's also important to deal in facts, not diet myths. :-)

eday79 wrote: »

I like, but I wouldn't say that you have to set the goal of mastering your food BEFORE your start to become active.
    Yes it is important for your calorie intake and food quality to be addressed at the start of your weight loss journey but moving your body at the start is important too.
    The key is to keep your body fuelled & nourished so it will realease what's not needed ( i.e. Fat, water. Toxins, waste) and to keep your body guessing when it comes to exercise. Switch up routines, work up a sweat, your workout shouldn't be a breeze if you want to make good changes to you body, push yourself.

Like KDC1229 said You do have to master your diet but more than that become a master of yourself as you transform not only your body but your mind too.

As for pills, I'm definitely with you there. I prefer building my physique on graft, sweat & tears lol

After completing my family of 5 children, I made it my mission to create my 'forever body' and become the best version of myself (inside & out)

I am passionate about training, it's become a way of life & I have picked up knowledge along the way. I understand some of the hurdles- physical, mental & emotional lol

• eday79
    Options
    Mostly good advice, but not the part about "the body not releasing fat if you go too low in calories." That is wrong and only serves to confuse new dieters whose real problem is most likely inaccurate logging and lack of patience for weight loss results.

I'm not advocating a Very low cal diet at all! It's important to get adequate nutrition and to properly fuel your body. But it's also important to deal in facts, not diet myths. :-)

Keeping the body fuelled and nourished will encourage the body to release unhealthy fat & excess water & waste.
    By fuelled and nourished I mean consuming the correct calories taking into account the correct protein, carb, fat, fibre & water, with a diet of quality foods.

• KDC1229
    Options

• KDC1229
    Options
    Thanks for all the feedback everyone! The chicken grease was definitely a joke
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options

Keeping the body fuelled and nourished will encourage the body to release unhealthy fat & excess water & waste.
    By fuelled and nourished I mean consuming the correct calories taking into account the correct protein, carb, fat, fibre & water, with a diet of quality foods.

What are you referring to when you say this?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• KDC1229
    Options

• KDC1229
    Options
    In addition I do agree don't forsake exercising, that is important but one thing I learned while gaining bachelors in nutrition, we need to gain a great understanding of this because many people neglect it. I prefer people gain a love to eat right and begin to increase their activity as well.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    Weight loss comes down to energy balance. Burn more than you consume. There are many ways to do this and many people have their approaches, but as long as you're burning more than you consume, weight loss should occur (unless there's some underlying health issue).

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,091 Member
    Options
    I thought thread was about contraceptive pill and title was a clever play on words. B):o:*

• eday79
    Options
    In addition I do agree don't forsake exercising, that is important but one thing I learned while gaining bachelors in nutrition, we need to gain a great understanding of this because many people neglect it. I prefer people gain a love to eat right and begin to increase their activity as well.

Hear, hear, eating is sooo good :)
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I thought thread was about contraceptive pill and title was a clever play on words. B):o:*

Same.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options

I eat the exact same foods I did when I was obese. Weight loss isn't about what to eat/what not to eat. It is all about calories. My fat intake is high.

Certain foods do not cause weight gain, excess calories do.

Fat, carbs and/or protein doesn't cause fat gain. Excess calories do. I still eat chicken with the skin on because I enjoy the taste. I weigh it and check the calories on mfp against the nutrition information and the usda website.

I also hardly do cardio. I lift weights. Cardio helps if you want to eat a little more.