Looking for a weight lost buddy is there anyone needing to lose more than 8st

Options
Recently diagnosed with diabetes and need to get my weight under control. I have around 14st to lose.

Replies

• jessandjerry2014
    jessandjerry2014 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Add me. I'm not sure what stones are but I'm trying to drop about 40 lbs
  • mcglothinm
    mcglothinm Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You can add me. Again, not sure what a stone is, but I'd like to lose about 80lbs eventually.
  • Emloula82
    Emloula82 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi. Add me. I have similar amount to lose
  • Shawn_in_OKC
    Shawn_in_OKC Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 20st
  • kymsym25
    kymsym25 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've only just started to try losing weight this week never ever seen it as an issue until my diabetes diagnosis. Now I want get healthier but it's so hard x
  • kymsym25
    kymsym25 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    How long have you all been one your weight loss journey?
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    You are welcome to add me. :)
  • happymum37
    happymum37 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have alot of weight to lose. Lost about 4 stone(was half way there) on here a while ago but have now put it back on. Have just come back and am determined to lose it again. Feel free to add me x
  • DietVanillaCoke
    DietVanillaCoke Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I started at 17.4 stone (244lbs) in September and my mid healthy BMI is 8.9 stone(125lbs.) So I've had to lose 8.5stone I'm around 14.7stone now (207lbs). I have 5.8 stone to go (82lbs).

You're welcome to add me as a friend =)
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Wishing you all very good luck in your journey. My advice stick with it no matter how long it takes
  • teach305
    teach305 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You are welcome to add me. I'm looking to lose to 30 lbs.
  • jbrownnolan
    jbrownnolan Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    kymsym25 wrote: »
    How long have you all been one your weight loss journey?

Ever since the summer of 2005 when I was over 200 lbs. Dropped to 185lbs by October 2005 and continued until May 2006 at 132 lbs., I've been maintaining ever since, but still call it a journey cause once you hit that goal it continues for the rest of you life. I keep myself in check by giving myself a 5 lbs up, 5 lbs down window for those active and not so active times that come up in life. I continue to adjust my nutrition and activity levels accordingly. I've succeeded, I've failed, but in the end I've never quit. I'm turning 40 in a couple months and I know that's going to be another obstacle I'm going to have to face but I'm hitting it straight on with no regrets.

I wish you luck, hope you are able to kill your goal and become a healthier you.

• repertoire
    repertoire Posts: 53 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    You are all welcome to add me too! I have a personal 100lb loss goal...and I just started so I'm only a few lbs into it. This WILL be my year <3
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    kymsym25 wrote: »
    I've only just started to try losing weight this week never ever seen it as an issue until my diabetes diagnosis. Now I want get healthier but it's so hard x

Honestly, it really isn't all that hard. You just have to decide that you really want to do it. Most on here will tell you that you don't have to change what you eat, that you can lose weight eating the exact same foods you have always enjoyed and they are absolutely right but IMO, that is a big adjustment in portion size for someone who is more than 100 pounds overweight. I cringe when I see the tiny portions of "diet foods" that some people eat. I would much rather eat larger portions of less calorie dense foods I still enjoy. I am not saying you need to cut anything out because being overly restrictive is a recipe for falling off the wagon. I am simply suggesting budgeting your calories and spending them wisely. I can eat a larger portion of pork chops or fajitas for the same calories than I can sausage. If I ease up on the butter or oil, I can have a larger portion of whatever. I can eat a lot more roasted okra than I can potatoes. If I utilize egg whites, I can have a larger portion of eggs. I can eat a larger sirloin than I can a ribeye and if I really want something, I can simply work within my calorie budget to fit it in. I don't starve myself and I actually eat really well and I have lost over a hundred pounds and counting.

If you really want to do this, you absolutely can.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Add me. I'm not sure what stones are but I'm trying to drop about 40 lbs

A stone = 14 pounds, so 8 stone = 112 pounds.

You can add me if you like. I'm maintaining my weight loss (180#, 12 stone 8). I'm not very good at motivating other people, but I do listen.
  • CompanionNerd
    CompanionNerd Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have already lost 3 stone but I have about 4.5 stone left to lose. I would love to be friends if you would like. My total WL when done will be about 8 stone.
  • sonyan2jc
    sonyan2jc Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Re-starting, Re-charged, Re-committed to lose!