Breakfast

Options
Hey everyone! Who here is on a 1200 cal a day or roughly around this number? I'm curious as to how many calories you aim for at breakfast time. Thanks!

Replies

• sgallagherxo
    sgallagherxo Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    My breakfast tends to be about 400 calories as I have cereal but if you just have oats and fruit it'll be less so more cals left for lunch and dinner
  • kayleighcabral
    kayleighcabral Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I guess my choice this morning for my first day wasn't so bad. I didn't realize a banana and PB was 300 cals. Ugh!
  • HoldTheDoor13
    HoldTheDoor13 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Anywhere between 180 and 350 cals depending on what I'm in the mood for. I would say I average around 250 most days.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I would skip breakfast and save my calories til later... But that's me.
  • rascan001
    rascan001 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I try to keep it around 200 calories. A fajita sized tortilla with a scrambled egg and salsa is my go to!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,954 Member
    Options
    When I was actively losing weight, I was on 1250 cal/day + half my exercise calories.

I put 0 calories toward breakfast. :)
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    ~240ish. More often than not, I have greek yogurt (~115g which is about 2/3-3/4 of a cup - about what fits comfortably in a 1 cup pyrex container)(2% or non-fat..full fat is rare to find in store brand) with ~2 tbsp of jam/fruit spread and 1/3-1/2 of a Clif bar.
    04yavofcela0.jpg
  • Brithicks
    Brithicks Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I eat back most of my exercise calories so usually eat closer to 1500 (that's with half to 2/3 of my exercise calories). Most mornings I eat half of an rx bar and coffee with califia better half before the gym and then a hard boiled egg or two and some carrots and some berries. Breakfast (pre and post workout) usually ends up around 300 calories.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I did 1250 for a while and usually ate around 300 at breakfast.
  • janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    i eat 1300 a day, i have around 222 for b-fast
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    IF means breakfast is at 13:00 and is normally half my days calories.
  • kayleighcabral
    kayleighcabral Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I would skip breakfast and save my calories til later... But that's me.

I wish I could do that. If I don't eat breakfast, I get very shaky.
  • federicafezza4271
    federicafezza4271 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I usually have a 300 calories breakfast and try to have about 10/15 grams of protein in it.
    I alternate pancakes and oatmeal+egg whites, in both cases topped with fruit.
    today I only had 200 calories but I got hungry like 2 hours later, I suggest that you find something that works for keeping you full for a reasonable time, but of course this depends on how you eat during the day :)
  • Nerruse
    Nerruse Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My daily cals is 1250 before exercise, and my current breakfast is 420 cals. 3 egg cheese omelette and black coffee.
  • Pam_Shebamm
    Pam_Shebamm Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Coffee and a protein bar for me...puts me under 300 for breakfast.
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    i either do greek yogurt with pb2, splenda and some chocolate chips which is somewhere around 220-250 (depending on the grams used of everything) with 23 grams of protein or a breakfast burrito (because i can pre-make a big batch and grab them and go) they have egg, veggie sausage, veg and a bit of cheese and come in at 345 cal and 17 grams of protein. the yogurt has a better macro profile but the burritos are more satisfying to me.
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I'm usually between 300 - 375. Weekdays, breakfast is almost always the same: oat-flour based bread product (home made), banana, 21-gram package of peanut butter, coffee with milk. This morning it was a 328 calories. A nice start as far as fiber and protein are concerned; sodium low, potassium nice. Caffeine vital.