New Here, Any other twin mums around?

Options
Hello,
I'm new here, mfp has been recommended to me. lost 3 pounds in my first week!
i was previously using another weight loss programme. My total loss so far is 13lbs!

I am a mum to a almost 3 year old and 14 month old twins. My twins were born weighing 7lbs 4oz and 7lbs 2oz. There were a boy and a girl so i have two lots of water and placenta etc. I was Huge! Will Try and add a pic.
Really trying to lose the baby weight. Got another 28lbs to go to my target of pre baby. :-)

I also suffer with badly separated stomach muscles and have a huge hernia where my intestines come through the wall. (Sorry if too much info) I am hoping that the surgeon i am under will agree to operate to fix it as i will always look 7 months pregnant no matter how much weight i lose.

Claire x

Replies

• bex1408
    bex1408 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hey. I'm a twin mom too. My boys are two and a half now and like you I was huge!!!
  • ccknighthawk
    Options
    Hi I'm a twin mum too mine are nearly 3 now and i've just got bigger since i had them, i think due to lack of sleep and eating too many biscuits lol. have just joined the gym so hoping to get some weight off now. my stomach muscles are also seperated but dont need surgery luckily
  • Kayamooh
    Kayamooh Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm not a twin mum... but I am a twin :P
    Good luck with your weight loss :)
  • amandac72
    amandac72 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Hi there, another twin Mum here. Mine are 3year old ID boys :smile:

I actually did'nt put on that much weight with my pregnancy but stacked it on after they were born :noway: I have lost a lot of my weight already but now working on the last bit and hoping that my stomach will start to shrink down a bit, my twins were my 4th and 5th children so after 5 children including twins I'm not holding out much real hope that I will lose the tummy :grumble:
  • Clairez81
    Clairez81 Posts: 3
    Options
    Tell me about the biscuits. They were just so handy and easy to snack on!! i don't buy them anymore so no temptation! lol
    The one thing that worries me about losing the weight my skin really sagging and overhanging. It looks awful now! :o( My belly button was a lovely innie and now it's about 4cm long where it's stretched.
    i am hoping that it won't look as bad as i think it will. x

But better to have a bit of saggy skin then to be overweight! xx
  • ccknighthawk
    Options
    yes especially in the middle of the night lol. I'm hoping with exercise my stomach wont be too bad, I've also got 2 older ones so doubt i'll ever wear a bikini again! trying to focus on being more healthy, thats the plan anyway!