I have a problem...

Options
An oatmeal problem! It has been a breakfast staple for as long as I can remember but lately I've been craving the stuff!

Today, I put Nesquik chocolate powder and PB2 to make no bake cookie oatmeal. Yesterday, it was apple and cinnamon. Before that, banana with peanut butter; blueberries and honey; canned pumpkin and nutmeg; and spiced pecans with applesauce.

For my fellow oatmeal connoisseurs, how do you take your oatmeal?

Replies

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    My favorite lately has been overnight oats with around 25 g of peanut butter, half a banana chopped up, and a bit of cinnamon. I pop it in the microwave the next day and the bananas get all warm and sweet and gooey - reminds me of a fried PB & banana sandwich.

• TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty boring. And basically what you've already mentioned.

With protein powder and a banana;
    With protein powder and berries.

I've (somewhat) recently gotten on a grits kick. I like them with flavored honey, brown sugar, or cheese.
  • kthompson601
    kthompson601 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Baked oatmeal! It requires prep work but makes several servings and reheats easily, so you can eat on it throughout the week. https://www.budgetbytes.com/?s=baked+oatmeal
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I like oatmeal taste but not oatmeal texture. I grind into flour (or buy the flour) and use it for muffins, tortillas, and lately have been experimenting with it in yeast breads, using vital wheat gluten to help the rise. Last weekend, I tried it out in a popover. Not bad, but it needs some help in the popping-over. Will try with baking soda and buttermilk this weekend (whole milk with some lemon juice).
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    As a cereal, soaked in enough hot water to make it wet with enough sugar to make it palatable. I do love the texture in plain Greek yogurt (after adding honey) and I recently tried it in cooked eggs.
  • shagerty777
    shagerty777 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I just add protein powder, rotating through flavors as I empty tubs. If I'm in a vanilla protein I add cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice powder for flavor at times. I prefer the old fashioned oats, they have a better texture than the quick cooking stuff.
  • clg1241
    clg1241 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Quick oats, chia seeds, ground flax, raisins, craisins, cinnamon, mixed chopped nuts, egg whites (for protein), 10 oz water.
    I mix and chop nuts and pumpkin seeds and put them in a container. I mix raisins, craisins, and sometimes dried blueberries in another container. I add chia seed, ground flax, and cinnamon in another container. Then I add 10 oz of water, I use my used coffee k cup. 4 Tbl of egg whites as there is not a lot of protein in oatmeal.

• beaglady
    beaglady Posts: 1,362 Member
    Options
    Dried cranberries or dates, a tablespoon of walnuts or pecans, a teaspoon each of honey and butter. Keeps me full all morning.