So here's my vent...

Options
jayme03
jayme03 Posts: 64 Member
My daughter is 2.5 yrs old now, and I've been working my buns off trying to tighten up what kinda went jiggly after pregnancy. Pre-pregnancy I was 149 lbs with some good muscle mass--oh and I'm 5'3". I gained 35 lbs with pregnancy and lost all of that plus some to be at 141 today. That's the beginning of my vent.

What really bugs me is how I'm 8 lbs lighter than 3+ yrs ago, but I'm still wearing a size 8 and my hips ARE BIGGER. I absolutely realize this happens with pregnancty etc, but geeeez! I just need to accept the hips, right? Oh and the belly...I think it's always going to be something "squishy" that my daughter likes to play with :)

Thank you for letting me vent, and here's to another day!

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• corbansmom
    corbansmom Posts: 71
    Options
    I'm right there with you! Keep your year up! I have been holding on to a pair of really cute "goal" jeans since about a year before I got pregnant with my son (he's almost 2 1/2 also). I half them up to me last week, and unless my butt mysteriously flattens something serious (I really hope not!), fitting into those awesome jeans will never be a reality. :(
    What is your workout regiment?
  • lindak71
    lindak71 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, if we give birth vaginally, our pelvis opens up to allow for safe passage of the baby, and our hips widen. No amount of leg lifts or donkey kicks will change that. At least we have a very valid excuse for that!
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, if we give birth vaginally, our pelvis opens up to allow for safe passage of the baby, and our hips widen. No amount of leg lifts or donkey kicks will change that. At least we have a very valid excuse for that!

Actually, I had a C-Section and my hips widened, too. I got quite thin a few years after my son was born (I had him at 21 years old) and still couldn't fit my high school clothes, even though I weighed the same as I did in high school.
  • lindak71
    lindak71 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I found this information on the internet. Apparently our hips prepare for birth before labor, so this happens to all of us regardless of how the baby is born.

Increase in Hormones- Your body is running high with hormones such as progesterone and relaxin which have a loosening effect on your muscles, joints, and ligaments. This process helps prepare your body for childbirth, but also causes relaxation of tissues and joints that normally support your body.
  • jayme03
    jayme03 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Yeah it doesn't matter whether you give birth vaginally or via c-section--relaxin and progestrone are released in all pregnant women.

It IS nice to hear that I'm not the only lady in this boat, though :) I've been doing Zumba 3-4 days a week and riding my bike in between those days (10 miles at least). I can't run, because after the kiddo the "q-angle" between my hips and knees changed so much, it kills my knees and achilles. Good think I love this kid, because she sure did a number on this ol' bod!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!