IF with early morning workouts advice...

Options
I'm thinking of switching my workout schedule but would like to keep my eating schedule 16:8 (From noon until 8) Only thing is, I'd be working out at 6am instead of 6pm. Since I'm trying to keep my eating schedule the same and not eat until lunch (noon) do you think that's too long to go not eating after working out? Do any of you go that long after a workout without eating?

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    It's not an optimal way to train, but you probably won't notice a difference unless you're a high-level athlete. :+1:
  • tarothelp
    tarothelp Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I stop eating at about 6-7pm and workout 8:30-10am fasted (no food). I feel hungry after and usually eat around 11 it is doable for me and I actually prefer working out without eating
    Everyone is different. You probably just have to try it out for yourself. I drink my aminos before and during my workout too which helps but no problem with my energy level
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    What sort of workout are you doing?

Fasted cardio is super easy for me, but fasted lifting isn't something I can do.

My window is from 3:00-8:00 every day, and I run 6 days a week in the morning without issue and follow with a walk. In fact, I pretty much get about 15K steps in fasted most days.

Lifting? That happens after I eat in the late afternoon.
  • Kimblesnbits13
    Kimblesnbits13 Posts: 369 Member
    Options

Fasted cardio is super easy for me, but fasted lifting isn't something I can do.

My window is from 3:00-8:00 every day, and I run 6 days a week in the morning without issue and follow with a walk. In fact, I pretty much get about 15K steps in fasted most days.

How long do you go without eating after your fasted cardio?
  • jayjay_90
    jayjay_90 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I prefer to get my workout in first thing in the morning where possible (my schedule fluctuates so I have to adapt frequently). I personally don't notice much of a difference in my performance, especially if it's cardio... like a poster above said, I also prefer to get my cardio in before eating. Sometimes I'll find I have more trouble with the strength training aspect when I do this however, so I would say plan to bring a protein bar or something else small if you're feeling fatigued - or separate your cardio from your lifts. At the end of the day only you will be able to determine what works for you, so give it a go and see how you feel :) I'll mention I also IF. It works well for me.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options

How long do you go without eating after your fasted cardio?

Hour and hours. I run around 7:00 or 8:00 in the morning and don't eat until 3:00.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,370 Member
    Options
    I work out at 5:00 am and don't eat until 12:00 at the earliest, hasn't caused me any problems (I do weights and cardio on a 3/2 split each week).