Quick and easy breakfast?

Options
mechwd
mechwd Posts: 29 Member
I've just started on my journey with good eating and weight loss (10 down, 55 to go).

I am in need of help for quick and easy breakfasts. I don't ha e a lot of time in the morning with helping getting the kids ready for school, prepare my work lunch, and then eat before I have to scoot off to work. I usually just have a bowl of cherrios with soy milk and a banana but would like other options.

I don't feel like I have the time to cook eyes and all of that, plus they don't really fill me up. I could eat a bunch of other fruits and veggies but I like to eat those while I am at work.

So any ideas for what I could eat for breakfast that is super quick, healthy and won't leave me feeling hungry?

Replies

• mechwd
    mechwd Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Overnight oats. Cottage cheese and fruit. Pre-bake egg frittatas in muffin pans, microwave and go.

Frittatas is an interesting idea. Never made them. I think I might make a bunch on Sunday for my work week. Thanks
  • pesigrandi
    pesigrandi Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt & berries. Hard boiled eggs & fruit (hard boil a bunch of eggs one night of the week). Sometimes on the weekend I'll make a mix of bacon, diced potatoes and spinach and mix it into scrambled eggs. But you can just do spinach or other greens with sun dried potatoes if you're looking for something with fewer calories. I freeze portions and then microwave at work. I try to get some veggies or fruit in my breakfasts. I don't eat bread or cereal as I don't care for them.
  • brewerfan13
    brewerfan13 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Protein shake
    Oatmeal (microwave - easy)
    Eggs (microwave - easy)
    Easy Mac (3 min 30 seconds in microwave)
    Ezekiel bread toasted with peanut butter
  • Lynzdee18
    Lynzdee18 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I make a huge batch of steel cut oats with a tiny bit of salt, cinnamon and a measured amount of raisins.

I now prefer it cold. No milk. It keeps me satisfied through the morning and I need a smaller lunch.

Also plain nonfat Greek yogurt with frozen mixed berries on top. Yum. Perfect lunch.
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Leftovers can make a great breakfast, there is no rule that says only cereal or toast or eggs can be eaten in the morning. My husband's preferred breakfast is soup, I will often have a sandwich or smoothie, this morning I had left over biryani (rice and veggies) because that was ready to go and I didn't have much time.
    Half an avocado with cottage cheese and chilli sauce is another quick and easy option in our house too.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    2 eggs. Figuratively, takes me 3 minutes to make.
  • apex0889
    apex0889 Posts: 4 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Spray a coffee mug with a bit of olive oil cooking spray crack an egg into said coffee mug. place it in the microwave for 45-60sec (place a paper towel over to prevent splatter) , wipe out the coffee mug with the same paper towel and fill it with coffee. Add a quarter of an avacado to an English muffin or a slice of whole wheat toast and top that with your egg.
  • mbanks123
    mbanks123 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    apex0889 wrote: »
    Spray a coffee mug with a bit of olive oil cooking spray crack an egg into said coffee mug. place it in the microwave for 45-60sec (place a paper towel over to prevent splatter) , wipe out the coffee mug with the same paper towel and fill it with coffee. Add a quarter of an avacado to an English muffin or a slice of whole wheat toast and top that with your egg.

It sounds like you're saying put coffee in with your egg. Oh my!
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    A can of kidney beans and some tilapia will be my breakfast this morning. Takes like ten minutes from start to finish.
  • federicafezza4271
    federicafezza4271 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Make ahead apple oats:
    I blend one apple with water and milk/soy milk.
    then I use the water/apple to cook 3 portions of oatmeal, so it will be sweetened by the apple. i also add cinnamon.
    you can double the portions to have enough breakfasts for the whole week!
    in the morning, I microwave the porridge and eat :) sometimes I add about 70 grams of egg white, mix well and microwave until it's cooked to increase the proteins.
  • powered85
    powered85 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Lynzdee18 wrote: »
    I make a huge batch of steel cut oats with a tiny bit of salt, cinnamon and a measured amount of raisins.

I now prefer it cold. No milk. It keeps me satisfied through the morning and I need a smaller lunch.

Also plain nonfat Greek yogurt with frozen mixed berries on top. Yum. Perfect lunch.

I too make a big batch of steel cut oats. Add a pinch of brown sugar and cinnamon. Makes 4 days worth and I eat it cold. That along with 4 hard boiled egg whites. I hard boil around 20 eggs at once and again that last for 4-5 days.

My main lunch is Greek yogurt and frozen berries on top. But certainly would make a good breakfast too!

Bulk cooking is definitely a big help to quick snacks and meals.
  • Kristi26
    Kristi26 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I make a batch of pancakes one morning and eat a few each day. I also add applesauce and coffee to that typically.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, granola bar, cereal with milk, sandwich, dinner leftovers, fruit, cottage cheese, banana bread with peanut butter, fresh banana with peanut butter, hard boiled egg, muffin, smoothie or shake

You can cook and freeze things like pancakes or waffles in advance and pop them in the toaster. You can prepare and freeze breakfast burritos, breakfast sandwiches or omelet muffins.
    https://www.pinterest.com/nursepritchard/freezer-breakfasts/
    http://www.hellobee.com/2014/02/06/10-make-ahead-freezer-breakfasts/ http://busycooks.about.com/od/breakfastmenus/a/Make-Ahead-Frozen-Breakfast-Recipes.htm
  • jcraig10
    jcraig10 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I usually eat a bagel, but for my husband I make a couple days worth of eggs (scrambled with some veggies) and make a batch of turkey bacon in the oven. Divide it up into containers and he takes them to work.
  • janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    cold leftover pizza was mine....i eat whatever is leftover from the night before
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Make muffin tin omelettes for the week. Add various veggies and bake in the oven. Add some cheese, whole grain toast with peanut butter and you have a very healthy and easy to make breakfast. Vary what you eat with the omelette if you don't like the same thing.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I typically make a big pot of steel cut oats a couple of times a week and just heat that up for the three of us. It warms on the stove while I'm doing the "morning routine". I'll either top it with a poached egg and parm or some peanut butter and sliced banana, depending on my mood. LOL

The egg muffins are great, too. Speaking of which, I haven't made those in a while....
  • littlechiaseed
    littlechiaseed Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I'm lazy AF and recently started eating tofu scrambles in a mug, panckes in a mug and oatmeal or smoothies.

• Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    I eat bran cereal with almond milk for breakfast with a protein shake (I eat breakfast after I work out). I also make a lower calorie version of a sausage and egg McMuffin for a mid-morning snack using turkey sausage, large egg, a low calorie muffin and a slice of cheese (easily and quickly made in a single pan without much effort). I generally make the sandwich, wrap it up and take it with me to work.