Too many calories left at dinner

Options
After running a mile and walking 3 today I still have 1500 calories left and iv already eaten my breakfast and lunch. What should I eat too take up most of those calories so I can end then day with getting the atleast the minimum 1200 calories eaten for the day?

Replies

• Joshuakilgore
    Joshuakilgore Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Sorry I forgot to mention after exercise it gave me almost 500 calories back
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    alcohol. chocolate. delicious delicious peanutbutter. yum.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    We don't really know what foods you have available or what you like to eat. When I have a lot of calories left, I'll have full-fat salad dressings, chocolate, a latte, wine/beer, avocado, a baked potato, tortilla chips and salsa, or a cookie.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Minimum 1200?

No - not for a male. Minimum 1500. 1200 for women.

Provided you get good overall nutrition, eat pretty much whatever you like to get your Calories up.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    The bare min you should eat is 1500, and really you should strive for your baseline goal of 1760. Then try to eat back at least some of your exercise calories. It's okay if every once in a while you are a little short, but you don't want to make a habit of it.

If you are already eating a generally healthy diet, there's no reason you can't treat yourself with a little something extra with leftover calories. I usually have a beer and some dark chocolate when that happens!

Also, how accurate do you think your logging is? If you are eyeballing portions, you may be eating more than you think. Also try to avoid using database entries that say "generic" or "homemade". Those were entered by other users, and could be way off.

Good luck :drinker:
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    I agree with both of the previous posters: 1500 minimum for men, and it might be a good idea to take a look at how accurate your logging is. If you're not weighing everything you eat, then it's likely you're consuming more calories than you think you are. If your logging is accurate, then in this case I'd spring for a pizza.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    Eat what you want, just log it accurately. I love having extra calories after dinner and usually reach for ice cream. Last night I was left with almost a thousand calories after dinner. I had a large bowl of frozen yogurt (450 cals) three blocks of dark chocolate and some peanut butter to dip those in lol. I tend to just look at my macros to see what I have the most left and make a decision that way. Since I'm not trying to lose weight any longer I like to hit my numbers if I can, so all that got me within 3 calories of my goal for the day. ;)
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    I love the thin crust frozen pizzas from store. After a long day at work (very physical job, not much time to eat during) Ill eat an entire pizza for 800 calories. yum.