Anyone starting SL 5x5?

Options
I decided to start a journey to a better me using StrongLifts 5x5... I'm now 2 weeks in. Anyone else using this program and want to "join forces" to motivate each other?

In December, I went ahead and built my home gym... started the program and nutrition with real focus after the first of the year. I have some goals in mind, but generally just want to feel strong again after hitting 40 a month ago. I've read about plateaus and changing up the routine after 6 months or so... but I'm looking forward to seeing some gains, then mixing up the training to see where I can get. One week at a time...

Replies

• Bridogg72
    Bridogg72 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 3 of week one and so far really enjoying it
  • markrobertdunn
    markrobertdunn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 3, I did it for a good while last year and it is brilliant when you get to the heavier weights.
    I hurt my knee running so had to stop so re-started from scratch.
  • DonSwitzer
    DonSwitzer Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Bridogg72 wrote: »
    I'm on Day 3 of week one and so far really enjoying it

Awesome. I'm up for day 6 tomorrow starting with the "beginner" weights. It's humbling, but what the hell... It has been years since I lifted regularly and I figured I had better start this right and re-train the body to avoid injury. It can only get better.
  • WatchJoshLift
    WatchJoshLift Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I just completed day 2 this morning.
  • James4784
    James4784 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I've not done the 5x5 but currently doing the 5/3/1, all good so far!
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    James4784 wrote: »
    I've not done the 5x5 but currently doing the 5/3/1, all good so far!

What was your 5x5 weight and BW after the program?
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    I cannot say enough good things about Stronglifts 5x5.

The app is so easy to use, takes the guess work out of your workout, and the strength I gained from it was great.

I have switched programs now but it is a great program for those who want to get stronger.

I went from squatting the bar to squatting 160lbs (I'm 5'3" and 140lbs) and deadlifting 200lbs. If you haven't lifted in a long time, you will reap great benefits from this program.

I've now moved on to 5/3/1 which uses the same lifts as SL 5x5 but you do one main lift per day. I want to be the little girl who deadlifts 300lbs.
  • DonSwitzer
    DonSwitzer Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    SL day 7 in the books... rode the mountain bike just under 10miles yesterday, so legs were tired for squatting this morning... but did it anyway. Feeling pretty good today.