Gained massive amounts of weight over Christmas break

Options
I lost weight over fall semester at school starting at 254 and going down to 225 within about 3 months. Then Christmas break happened and I went from 225 to 261 in a month and a half... I knew I was gaining weight but I figured I could easily get rid of 10 pounds after break. I never thought I would have gained 36 pounds... Does this weight come off easy or will I have to spend another full semester to work off what I gained over break.
-thanks!

Replies

• JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    ouch. Losing weight is never easy. Focus on habits youll keep forever so you wont yo-yo like this again.
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    A good amount is probably water weight from tons of carbs and sodium. Maybe 5-10lbs at your weight. Weight gain during the holidays is part of life. Just get back on track since it's over.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Some should come off pretty easy - the rest you'll have to work for. I went on vacation for 2 weeks and gained about 10 lbs. I got back on track this past Monday and am already down 3lbs this week. But now I've been the same weight for a couple days so I know I need to work harder to get the rest off (and all the other weight I need to lose).
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    It might help to get in the habit of regular weighing, even when on school break. That way you would know when you gained the first 10 lbs, rather than gaining 36 and thinking it was only 10. I like to weigh daily and track the trends and moving average weight. There are lots of daily fluctuations, but my plan is to stop any possible gain during maintenance while it's still manageable (for me). I don't think weight ever comes off easily, so good luck to you!