Low cal cocktail advice?!

2»

Replies

• leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Vodka soda with a twist of fresh lime

+1. In grocery stores they now have something called Truly Spiked and Sparkling (spiked sparkling water). Tastes just like vodka and soda with lime and it also comes in different flavors. 100 cals/bottle.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    I'm not much of a drinker, but I'll usually have a shot of good tequila or a Coors Light. Hubby drinks gin and diet tonic w/ lime.
  • ibamosaserreinas
    ibamosaserreinas Posts: 294 Member
    I love to do a variation of a mule with diet ginger ale, lime, and either vodka or whiskey. (Moscow mule with vodka or the Irish mule with whiskey.)

Your only calories come from the liquor and a few from the squeeze of lime.
  • hrclark87
    hrclark87 Posts: 2 Member
    vodka soda with lime and a few dashes of bitters for me - the bitters really make a difference if you like them!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Resistive wrote: »
    Mexican Water, the weight loss incomparable ;-)

Vodka, soda water and lime juice is the best.

I have a juicer at home and when I want to make cocktails I just a bunch of fruits and then throw vodka in there for the win!

That would be high in calories...all that fruit...
  • queenofpuppies
    queenofpuppies Posts: 189 Member
    order a nice bourbon on the rocks and sip it...add a splash of water and a cherry if you need to
  • FLBeachluvr
    FLBeachluvr Posts: 110 Member
    Grey goose and Diet Coke

Ditto!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Bookmark this. You can thank me later.
    http://getdrunknotfat.com/
  • not_my_first_rodeo
    not_my_first_rodeo Posts: 311 Member
    Bourbon, ice, a glass.
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    Bartender turned me on to flavored vodka and soda water. About 90 cals per *kitten*, a little flavor, and carbonation. I've stuck with this drink for 3 years now lol
  • pesigrandi
    pesigrandi Posts: 74 Member
    Hugo: prosecco, lime juice, St Germain, muddled mint & splash of soda water. Prosecco is pretty low calorie compared to most alcohol. I've also experimented to coconut water & freshly squeezed lime with muddled mint. Or a nojito with muddled mint, freshly squeezed lime & sparkling water.
  • TaniaLeeT
    TaniaLeeT Posts: 4 Member
    I order vodka and water and then add in my Mio in whatever flavor I fancy at the time.
  • karahm78
    karahm78 Posts: 505 Member
    Malibu and Diet Coke! (Everything is good with Malibu!!)

Not a cocktail but will occasionally get a Michelob Ultra or Corona Light with lime.
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Not necessarily a cocktail but I often drink Smirnoff Ice light, 80 calories and same size bottle as a beer. Get it poured in a glass and add ice, you could get 2-3 drinks out of it depending on the glass. Add a lime or lemon wedge on the glass if you want to make it look fancier.
  • RAxB
    RAxB Posts: 120 Member
    I am also a fan of vodka sodas with lime and flavored vodka and soda.

Just keep in mind 1 oz of *most* spirits is 65-70 calories and a "shot" is usually 1.5 ounces and is more on the 100-110 range! A bar will usually use the 1.5 shot, not a 1 oz so make sure to log accurately.
  • BailTuck
    BailTuck Posts: 25 Member
    Diet Coke and Bacardi and squeeze of lime.
  • pmastro724
    pmastro724 Posts: 122 Member
    At home I mixed this concoction: Jeremiah weed sweet tea vodka, unsweetened ice tea, shot of 1800 coconut tequila over ice with a fresh lemon