Feeling dizzy/fatigued every time I stand up

Options

Replies

• GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Fuzzipeg wrote: »
    I still think you are not eating enough. 16/1700 must be exclusive of exercise credits, let alone the demands of your daily life. I think you need to see your doctor to be checked out. And, if you are using mfp to set your intake consider your activity level. I believe it is impossible for someone with your photo not to be more than sedentary. are you eating the calorie allowance earned from exercise? Young men and women, often well into there 20's need more food than those who are older.

I do light activity usually 4-5 days a week and sometimes eat exercise calories depending on how I feel. I feel I'm eating enough calories, but seeing a doctor which others suggested is probably the best option. I really hope it's nothing serious.

You're really not. I just saw your goal weight post.

Anthony, I eat as much as you do, and I'm a 54 year old woman.

There are a lot of red flags here, considering your goal weight and these symptoms combined with other things you're saying. I think you should tell your doctor everything and get some help.
  • AnthonyX150X
    AnthonyX150X Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    I'm trying to recall, but weren't you also doing something special with your diet? High carb, low fat, low protein, or something like that?

Yes, you are correct. That was when I was doing 80% Carbs, 15% Fat, and 5% Protein.

I still do high carb, but not to that extent anymore.
  • AnthonyX150X
    Options
    I still think you are not eating enough. 16/1700 must be exclusive of exercise credits, let alone the demands of your daily life. I think you need to see your doctor to be checked out. And, if you are using mfp to set your intake consider your activity level. I believe it is impossible for someone with your photo not to be more than sedentary. are you eating the calorie allowance earned from exercise? Young men and women, often well into there 20's need more food than those who are older.

I do light activity usually 4-5 days a week and sometimes eat exercise calories depending on how I feel. I feel I'm eating enough calories, but seeing a doctor which others suggested is probably the best option. I really hope it's nothing serious.

There are a lot of red flags here, considering your goal weight and these symptoms combined with other things you're saying. I think you should tell your doctor everything and get some help.

The red flags which have been mentioned aren't something I really have given much thought to as of recently.

I should have mentioned I also have a fasting day once a week every Friday. Another thing that could possibly be contributing to how I feel.

I'm very confused about my health, body, and fitness goals right now and don't know what is best suited for me. All I know right now is I just want this pain to stop which is something I will discuss with my doctor.

You're just trying to help though so thanks to you and others for taking time to comment.
  • crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Go. To. The. Doctor.
  • dc8066
    dc8066 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    You need to seek medical attention, child, please don't wait too long before you do. Getting dizzy upon rising from a horizontal position and being in pain should be addressed sooner than later, these are serious symptoms. A doctor will help you to figure out what's going on, malnutrition or meds side effects or injury of some sort
  • ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Could you be dehydrated? Have blood pressure issues? This could be a number of things. Hydrate, and seek medical help. And by "hydrate" I don't mean to just drink plain water. You must have your sodium, potassium, etc..... involved. Coconut water, tomato juice, carrot juice, milk, sports drink if you prefer.
  • rnnursebarb
    rnnursebarb Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    This is called Orthostatic Hypotension and can have a whole bunch of possible causes, many benign, but some not. It's time to go to the doctor.
    You made a diagnosis of a stranger, on the internet, based on one post?
    Orthostatic hypotension is more a symptom, not a diagnosis. You can have it for a number of reasons.
    In any case, you should be evaluated by your physician.
    Options
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

The red flags which have been mentioned aren't something I really have given much thought to as of recently.

I should have mentioned I also have a fasting day once a week every Friday. Another thing that could possibly be contributing to how I feel.

I'm very confused about my health, body, and fitness goals right now and don't know what is best suited for me. All I know right now is I just want this pain to stop which is something I will discuss with my doctor.

You're just trying to help though so thanks to you and others for taking time to comment.

You're a 5"8 Male and trying to get down to 115lbs.. My best guess is that you are eating nowhere near enough, and this is your bodies way of telling you. This is just a guess though, see a doctor who will be able to diagnose what's causing this.

For comparisons sake, I'm a 5"8 44 year old woman and anything under 143lbs makes me look sick, unhealthy and makes the top half of my body look emaciated. I eat between 1600-2000 calories a day and am losing.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    Just to add, I have a 21 year old son and he maintains his weight eating around 3000 calories, he busts his butt in the weights room though.
  • AnthonyX150X
    Options

You're a 5"8 Male and trying to get down to 115lbs.. My best guess is that you are eating nowhere near enough, and this is your bodies way of telling you. This is just a guess though, see a doctor who will be able to diagnose what's causing this.

For comparisons sake, I'm a 5"8 44 year old woman and anything under 143lbs makes me look sick, unhealthy and makes the top half of my body look emaciated. I eat between 1600-2000 calories a day and am losing.

Sorry for the late response, but the main reason I was thinking of making 115 lbs as my goal weight was because it will help me with cardio due to being lighter on my feet and less wear and tear on my legs.

I may need to reevaluate my goals though if my symptoms continue though.
  • Christine_72
    Options

Sorry for the late response, but the main reason I was thinking of making 115 lbs as my goal weight was because it will help me with cardio due to being lighter on my feet and less wear and tear on my legs.

I honestly can't visualise what a 5"8 woman would look like at that weight, let a lone a man. Yes, definitely a good idea to reevaluate your goal.
  • ClosetBayesian
    ClosetBayesian Posts: 836 Member
    Options

That is an unhealthy target for a 5'8" male. Yeah, you'll be light on your feet, but infinitely harder on your legs thanks to the lack of nourishment you'd need to get there putting you at increased risk for fractures.

Go see a doctor. Might also want to discuss your health and weight goals so you can get an idea of a healthy weight target.
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Glad you are better. Dehydration can do funny things.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I just wanted wanted to give an update.

It turns out the condition I was dealing with was due to dehydration.

Atleast it wasn't anything serious...

Really happy to read that!
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    Best news. Keep taking care of yourself.
    Options
    As I suspected! Dehydration can really cause a lot of strange symptoms. Stay hydrated and if need be set a reminder in your phone to drink at regular intervals. Glad it wasn't anything serious! Thank you for the update!
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    See a doctor. It could be caused by all kinds of things- for example,I'm on prednisolone for a long term condition and get these symptoms when my dose drops low.
    Please get expert medical advice!
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Ah sorry- just read your last comment. That's good news!