Blueberry muffin cals

Options
I am in a little bit of a pickle, my husband bought me this delicious blueberry muffin but it had no nutritional facts just a fresh made. Muffin from a local produce place.
It was 175g so large and I have no idea how many calories so what should I log as?

Replies

• mlcollins89
    mlcollins89 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    In these cases i just log it as something as comparable as possible. Is it roughly the same size as a McDonald's muffin? Log it. Closer to a Starbucks muffin? Log it.

Can't always be perfect but at least you're trying.
  • U2R2
    U2R2 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I would search the database for "blueberry muffin grams" then choose the entry with the largest calorie count unless it is ridiculously out of line with other entries.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Usually a muffin from the grocery store is like 250+ calories. The reduced fat Blueberry muffins at dunkin donuts are 410 calories. So yeah, you're probably looking at at least 300 calories.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    Usually a muffin from the grocery store is like 250+ calories. The reduced fat Blueberry muffins at dunkin donuts are 410 calories. So yeah, you're probably looking at at least 300 calories.

The orange poppy seed muffin i used to get from 7-eleven was 800 calories...

ETA just looked it up, 180 grams and 693 calories
  • everher
    everher Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Muffins are hard to gage in my opinion. All depends on the ingredients which are hard to tell when you didn't bake it.

I'd just find a comparable entry in grams and log what seems to be an average amount of calories for a muffin that size.
  • aqualeo1
    aqualeo1 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    A large muffin is easily 500 calories
  • melto1989
    melto1989 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Looks like I won't be eating much today. Bummer
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Muffins are the Tardis of food. They have way more calories on the inside than they look capable of holding.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Blueberry muffins have all the calories. Seriously. 500-600 of them.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Read the post title as "blueberry muffin cats"..

• bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Read the post title as "blueberry muffin cats"..

At least more protein. More satiating.