Still not losing

Options
hi all, I am having some trouble these last few weeks and was wondering if anyone had any advice. I eat my calories everyday including exercise ones, I exercise at least three times a week And I have not lost in the past four weeks, should I maybe extend how often I am weighing in order to see a difference. My measurements are the same too! I feel pretty ready to call it quits!

Replies

• mamastuck
    mamastuck Posts: 131
    Options
    iNCREASE YOUR WATER INTAKE AND EXCERCISE 6 DAYS A WEEK MINIMUM 30 MINUTES EVEN IF ITS JUST THROWING ON YOUR FAV CD AND BOOGIE WOOGIE!
  • randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    cant see your diary to comment on your diet but you need to kick it up a notch with the exercising to give your metabolism a boost, so whatever exercise your doing, do it 10x harder. its not meant to be easy, it should always challenge you and you should feel nackered after each session.

try changing your workouts, so if your doing a lot of running, why not change one day to strength training, or boxing?

our bodies get used to the cycle we create and pretty soon it no longer is enough and we need to give it a bit more.
  • Rae9911
    Rae9911 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Don't give up, keep going. In May/June I stayed the same weight and measurement for 8 weeks, I kept at it. Only thing I have done different was up my exercising so that I am doing every other day instead of 3 times a week and I have found that this has helped shift the weight again and in two weeks I have lost 5lb. Make sure that you are drinking lots of water as well and check your calories to make sure your getting enough. I upped mine from 1300 to 1450 two weeks ago as well which I think has helped me to start losing again.
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    Have to see what your eating, how often and how hard your working out. ALL these things will play a role in fat/weight loss
  • loriannmartin
    loriannmartin Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    when you log your exercises are you using a hrm ? or what mfp says you burn ? mfp usually rins on the high side of burning calories for me... i got a hrm and there is a huge difference sometimes doubled . check to make sure what your settings are on for losing weight and not just maintaining. also helps to have an open diary so others can try and help
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Helpful suggestions above.

You could be gaining muscle and of course it weighs more than fat (so you are losing fat and replacing it with muscle). Also some people lose weight faster than others. I'm not a fast gainer or loser. That's why I hide my scale and only step on it once a month or so. I go more by measurements and how my clothes fit. Granted this doesn't work for everyone, but it keeps me on track and prevents me from getting discouraged when I don't see the scale budge after all my hard work. Keep it up, don't give up! Sometimes it takes longer to see results on the scale than we would wish.
  • yojibalinese
    Options
    You could have just hit a plateau. Try eating a little more one day, a little less the next. Each time I hit a plateau, I spend a weekend eating some higher calorie but still healthy things (like an additional piece of chicken, an extra helping of cauliflower-potato salad) and then the next week, I'll try to eat a little less. It jumpstarts your body again.

Exercise is important but don't push yourself. Being injured = not helpful to you.
  • mlg5678
    mlg5678 Posts: 1
    Options
    I had trouble when I was eating back all of my exercise calories AND when I tried limiting my caloric intake to 1200/day. Now I'm consistently eating at least 1500 per day and exercising at least 30 minutes a day. Not only is the weight coming off, but the inches are being shed, too.

I agree with changing up your workout routine and increasing the amount that you exercise. But you also need to make sure your diet so that your body doesn't become accustomed to metabolizing the same items and therefore slow down.
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Are you eating to enough?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61706-guide-to-calorie-deficit

This is just a part of it! please read the link above

Generally someone with a BMI over 32 can do a 1000 calorie a day (2 lbs a week) deficit
    With a BMI of 30 to 32 a deficit of 750 calories is generally correct (about 1.5 lbs a week)
    With a BMI of 28 to 30 a deficit of 500 calories is about right (about 1 lb a week)
    With a BMI of 26 to 28 a deficit of about 300 calories is perfect (about 1/2 lb a week)
    and below 26... well this is where we get fuzzy. See now you're no longer talking about being overweight, so while it's still ok to have a small deficit, you really should shift your focus more towards muscle tone, and reducing fat. This means is EXTRA important to eat your exercise calories as your body needs to KNOW it's ok to burn fat stores, and the only way it will know is if you keep giving it the calories it needs to not enter the famine response (starvation mode)

Also this might be helpful http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/00trayn/view/how-to-bust-a-3-month-plateau-87677

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/153704-myth-or-fact-simple-math-3500-calories-one-pound-eat

Good luck on your journey
  • imustbegood
    imustbegood Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Don't give up, keep going. In May/June I stayed the same weight and measurement for 8 weeks, I kept at it. Only thing I have done different was up my exercising so that I am doing every other day instead of 3 times a week and I have found that this has helped shift the weight again and in two weeks I have lost 5lb. Make sure that you are drinking lots of water as well and check your calories to make sure your getting enough. I upped mine from 1300 to 1450 two weeks ago as well which I think has helped me to start losing again.

Did you up just your general daily calorie intake or is that your intake with exercise calories built in?

I am on 1200 calories and have had a couple of weeks staying the same - am wondering whether I should up the calories to 1400 in a daily basis - but then wasnt sure what to do re exercise calories... I exercise 3 times a week although last week was a very busy work/afterschool week and i didnt get any in :(
  • Kell888
    Kell888 Posts: 51
    Options
    I just lowered my calories like two weeks ago because I wasn't having results, to basically what my BMR is so if I do 't have much activity I should still be in deficit.