Cruising the Caribbean

Options
So in March, for my college spring break, I will be cruising around the Caribbean islands! I'm so excited because hopefully I'll meet some attractive guys and maybe be Brave enough to talk to them. Also, I am planning on getting a nice bikini top to swim in and I hope I can find one I look good in. I'm no where near the body or fitness I had in the summer though. It makes sense though because once it got too cold I couldn't bike anymore, once school started I couldn't clean 20 horse stalls every morning and I haven't been able to ride as much. Now with the vacation dawning I'm a little more motivated. I hope to lose 10 pounds by March 2. I'm not sure what I am currently since I haven't weighed myself in almost two months! However, I'm sure I'll weight myself in a week just to check. If I don't lose weight I'm hoping to at least look a little more toned than I am now. Currently I workout 5-7 days a week. I ride my horse about 4-6 days, clean stalls once a week, take care of 38 horses usually 3 days a week so that's almost 15000 steps alone. I also do yoga, Pilates, running, weight lifting, strength and their cardio exercises with my SWORKIT app. My problem is sweets. If they're around I will be eating some if not all of them! Always has been my weekends. How can I stop this? Any tips on how to curb the sugar cravings?

Replies

• Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Just don't buy them and if someone else does, just start counting up the calories and see what they will really cost you.
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Challenge yourself with something. ....for example, drink 8ounces of water before having a treat, do so many jumping jacks before a treat. Just don't keep the temptations around. I buy thinsations,;100 calorie packs of treats. They are good and a nice evening treat to look forward to.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Stay within your calorie goal. Eat mostly nutritious food and fit in some, not all, sweets.

Have a great time in the Caribbean. I often do a 14 night cruise in march and really love it. Go snorkelling, it is wonderful.

Don't worry about losing the whole 10 lbs, lose what you can within reason. just wear your bikini with confidence.

Cheers, h.

My avatar is me in Curaçao, bikini under a white shirt. B)
  • lady_ghost
    lady_ghost Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Oh man let me tell you you will gain weight on the cruise, their all you can eat 24 hour buffet and room service menu is a thing of sorcery. Everyone I KNOW at least gains 5 pounds coming back. In the mean time you seem to be doig the right this but you have to have self control on the sweets and eat in a caloric deficit. good luck.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Just as a counter experience to Lady_ghost. Not that one can't easily gain with all the wonderful food and drink available. (We get our drinks free too)

I have found I am so active on Caribbean cruises that I rarely gain. And yes, I do eat more (and drink those calorie filled cocktails) than my home maintenance calories.
    I do come home heavier, but that is water weight (flying, heat, and more salt in the food) and is gone within a few days.

Be reasonable, enjoy yourself, and be aware- not miserable because you are overly denying holiday treats.

It is a vacation and you are going to have lots of them throughout your life so it is good to learn how to handle them.

My BiL, not as active as I tend to be, puts on almost 1lbs a day, knows it, so plans for it. He doesn't want to stint or deprive himself while away, so it is gym and a deficit when he gets home. He is happy with that.

Cheers, h.