Looking for some crockpot recipes

Options
jessica_mcquay21
jessica_mcquay21 Posts: 11 Member
edited January 2017 in Recipes
Looking for some easy healthy crockpot recipes if you have any message me thanks

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    There's a free Kindle download on amazon.
  • jessica_mcquay21
    Options
    Ok thanks
  • sbrownallison
    sbrownallison Posts: 314 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I often find that recipes have so darn many ingredients that they become super-expensive. I've bought a bottle of an exotic spice for a recipe and find I've used it once in 3 years! One of my go-to crockpot recipes involves two ingredients: One can of tomatoes (diced, stewed, whatever) poured over four small chicken breasts. Set it and forget it. Very calorie-friendly. Leftovers can go in the fridge for another meal or two. If you're feeding a family, just add more chicken and another can of tomatoes.
  • jessica_mcquay21
    Options
    That sounds really good I'm going to have to try it thanks
  • chrismellor01
    chrismellor01 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Use 100g meat per person, brown that in bottom of pot (use butter or high smoke point oil). Remove when done. Sauté onions, bell peppers etc in pan. Add back in meat. Thrown in stock cube and a cup or two of water. Add tin chopped tomatoes. Slow cook. Leave as long as you need.

Add in what spices and herbs etc. vary veg. Use garlic.

You soon learn what's good and what isn't.

Don't be afraid to use some real fat. Sure it's calorie dense but you don't need much and it will help both flavour and you feeling full.

• suede313
    suede313 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Do you do pinterest? Lots of slow cooker recipes you will love!
  • alisonjerome1
    alisonjerome1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Chill is great, and pea soup, I've also made chicken parmesean soup and it's higher in cals but you can modify it and it's so worth it !