Bad mood, feeling very unmotivated

Options
I know part of it's because it's TOM but I'm in a really bad mood today. I haven't slept a full night without interruptions in 3 days, it's been icy so running is out and I can't exercise inside without being interrupted/bothered by 2 kids, a cat and a husband the entire time. I also dumped spaghetti across the counter and ran out of mozzarella cheese (no worries, I used string cheese to substitute ugh). It's a grouchy and angry and tired and I kind of want to cry kind of day.

What do you do on your bad days to snap out of it? Bonus points if it's something that can be done inside because we're in an ice storm and may very well lose power shortly :persevere:

Replies

• starfruit132
    starfruit132 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Do you read? What about a puzzle like sudoko? Sometimes just doing something to take your mind off "problems" helps. Or, read the motivational forums on MFP lol. Good luck and sorry you are having a bad day.
  • delamori
    delamori Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Sorry you're having a bad day.. my bad habit when I was stressed was smoking but now I try to take a breather and meditate if I have the time. It really helps! If I keep focusing on the things that are happening it only get worse and more things happen so try to be positive! I am the same way when it's my TOM so I know it's hard. I usually am always mad or tearing up..
  • lauracups
    lauracups Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Sounds like the week I finally pulled out of. Sorry you're having a rough time and I hope you don't lose power!
    I've been at this for quite sometime. I've rode out some VERY bad times. The way I did, I don't over think or over complicate my goal. Life around us gets over complicated, but zeroing in on one thing helps. For example, yesterday I was still experiencing a bad hormone fluctuation but was determined to stay under my calories, I focused on staying very hydrated, drank lots of tea and water. If you're getting cabin fever, focus on just one tiny thing you have total control of, in my case it was hydration, find what yours is:) Good luck today and through the storm!
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your bad day....I get it though!!! I workout hard when I am angry.....so that's my go to! Do you have a local gym that you can leave your husband and kids at home and go workout? If you are not a member most of them either have a punch card you can purchase or you can pay as you go! Of course a run would be the best but yes no running on ice.....it's the worst!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,181 Member
    Options
    You and the kids can bundle up and go outside and get some ice and play silly with it. How many castles can you build with icicles before they melt?
  • generallyme2
    generallyme2 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone :) I feel a little better today. I let myself sleep in. If it's not too icy I'm going to try a walk later. My gym is about a 25 min drive and with the ice... :neutral: The kids were part of what I needed to get away from haha! I might also just take a long bath, do my nails, that kind of thing.

On the plus side, I did fine on calories yesterday and I bought and ate just one 200 cal chocolate bar for dessert. Sometimes when I get stressed, I'll eat sweets, then something salty, then sweet... and so on until I'm about to burst!
  • starfruit132
    starfruit132 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    It was probably lack of sleep - always seems to be the case when I cannot figure out why it seems hard on some days. That is awesome that you stayed focus during "the mood". Yes, the salty/sweet/crunchy circuit can go on and on, and good for you for going right for what you wanted!! Stay sane during the cold snap.
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    If it helps any, I am in a bad mood every day. I'm usually too pissed off at the world around me to do anything other than obsess over my diet and exercise. I'll go against popular opinion and say, "It's okay to be cranky". It totes happens. Might as well embrace it when it does. A long time ago I used to eat my stress. Now I exercise it out instead.