Josh | 16, Melbourne Australia.

Hey everyone :)

My name's Josh, I'm 16 and from Melbourne, Australia. I've always been overweight, ever since I was little. I'm lucky to say that I've never been bullied about my weight, I have no idea why, maybe because I accept it? A couple years ago I was going through a hard time, and I became really self conscious, as I said before, I was never picked on, but I would always think about it etc.
Now I'm in a good place, I'm quite confident with who I am but I want to change. I want to be 80kg (currently 95). I'm doing this because I want to be healthy, also for the obvious fact that I want to look better, but number 1 is health. I don't want diabetes and high blood pressure, and all those other weight related diseases. I can stop it now so there's no better time is there?

I've been using MFP for awhile now, on and off but my problem is that I really don't have any support. None of my family or friends use the app so I find it quite easy to fall off(?) the bandwagon. I've decided that posting and making friends on this forum will help me to stay focused on my goal. I know I can do it :)

Replies

• erinem182
    erinem182 Posts: 14
    Hi Josh, I'm from Melbourne too :) I hope it all goes well for you! This is definitely a great place for support xx
  • cass89
    cass89 Posts: 198 Member
    im Cass
    22 and from Melbourne :)
    Feel free to add me if you like
  • ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Hi! This is a great site and you'll get lots of great support on here!! :)
    Suzi
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Yay Josh. Good for you for giving this ago. You can make changes now and if you can do it without support , wow, what a strong person you will be and with such a bright future ahead of you that will see you succeed in many things. Add me for support if you like.
  • Joshheeey
    Joshheeey Posts: 13
    Hi Josh, I'm from Melbourne too :) I hope it all goes well for you! This is definitely a great place for support xx
    Thanks so much :) I saw on your profile (on one of your posts) that you worked at Subway!! Me too! Haha.
    im Cass
    22 and from Melbourne :)
    Feel free to add me if you like
    Hi Cass, I will add you (once I work out how) Haha
    Hi! This is a great site and you'll get lots of great support on here!! :)
    Suzi

Thankyou :)
  • Joshheeey
    Joshheeey Posts: 13
    Yay Josh. Good for you for giving this ago. You can make changes now and if you can do it without support , wow, what a strong person you will be and with such a bright future ahead of you that will see you succeed in many things. Add me for support if you like.

How sweet! Thanks so much for that! I added you :)
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Welcome aboard! I've always wanted to go to Australia :smile:
  • pnieuw
    pnieuw Posts: 473
    Welcome Josh! I live near Toronto, Canada but I visited Melbourne just this past Christmas. My profile picture is me in a helicopter about to take off and view the Twelve Apostles! Melbourne is a fantastic city. We spend several days there, staying at a hotel near the Aquarium, and within a short walk to Flinders Station. I even did a tour of the MSG! It is one of my favourite places in Australia.

This is a great site for support, from all over the world! Welcome!
  • joanneeee
    joanneeee Posts: 311 Member
    hiya, joanne 18 sydney oostralia

i'm glad you're putting health first before a number! none of my friends use MFP either. or... 2 people i knew did and they kind of 'quit' lol. it says you're 20 on your profile? hahaha

feel free to add me as a friend if you like :) and be careful of end of high school exams lol. that's where everyone tends to start eating like crap with the notion of "i'll gain now and lose it after the exams."
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    I wish I'd found this site when I was 16... seriously.

Well done for starting - it's the hardest part!!