Going through a divorce...

Options
Will be legally divorced in march and I can't wait. Was stuck in a toxic marriage for 7 years, never left because I was too fat to do anything on my own. I needed help doing simple things like tying my shoes, putting my bra on, it even got to the point where I couldn't wipe myself. I didn't have the confidence or courage to leave. It was truly a nightmare and the best thing I've ever done is lose weight. I'm still fat but I'm not helpless. I can do things with my kids and for myself. I have the energy to do everything. I don't ever want to feel helpless again. Many ask what my motivation is and that is my motivation, never go back and keep going forward. I'm 5'1 and my highest weight is 333lbs, current weight 165 and still going down. I'm not at my goal or close yet but I feel 100% better than I felt 2 years ago.

Replies

• pariskathryn
    pariskathryn Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    You're amazing. Sending you good thoughts.
  • Mommamaddy
    Mommamaddy Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    wow, what an accomplishment! Its only positive from here, you can do anything!
  • red99ryder
    red99ryder Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Divorce is hard , there are a lot of churches that offer a divorce recovery program ,, you can meet lots of nice people ,, your not alone ..

Great job on weight loss

Good luck
  • Simmonsfitcoach
    Simmonsfitcoach Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Wow that is incredible
  • fbcarlson
    fbcarlson Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Great job! Congratulations on getting your life back! Good luck with the rest of your journey!!!!
  • Broejen
    Broejen Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job!! I just ended a 16 year marriage myself!
  • woznube7
    woznube7 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring! You are stronger than you think and deserve all the happiness!!
  • mayradavisramos
    mayradavisramos Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You are courageous & amazing!
  • sudmom
    sudmom Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Awesome! :)
  • DaveA1970
    DaveA1970 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    In some respects, I have found divorce and weight loss to share some similarities. Showed me that I had the ability to change. The ability to improve. Something I didn't realize before. Best of luck to all here.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    Good job! Both on losing the weight and taking the difficult steps needed to get yourself out of a toxic situation!

*hugs* keep going one day at a time. Not only will you reach your goals, but you'll be an awesome role model for your kids on top of it!
  • Leejames_1984
    Leejames_1984 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I did exactly the same thing. It's surprising what motivation a divorce can give you. You've done amazingly well. Excellent job!
  • MissyINGa
    MissyINGa Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Great Job! It takes strength to do both of them and you accomplished it well!
  • federicafezza4271
    federicafezza4271 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    It is so nice and heartwarming to hear your story, it almost makes me cry <3
    Congratulations on your weightloss and on the fact that you no longer depend on your (soon ex!) husband, and best wishes for your new life!
    Your strenght will be the greatest example and blessing for your children :)
  • treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    good for you congratulations on your losses....both of them
  • bossyfairy
    bossyfairy Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I left an abuse marriage in 2008 and it was incredibly hard but so very, very worth it!

Massive congratulations to you for finding that inner strength to leave and I wish you lots of luck and happiness in the future. Congratulations on your weight loss too. Xx
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!