What to eat middle of night

Options
Woke up stomache growling do I eat and what or wait till up in 5 hours?

Replies

• LazyNightOwl
    LazyNightOwl Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I usually grab a glass of water on those occasions and it quiets right up until I'm done sleeping for the night
  • ericalillykristene
    ericalillykristene Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Drinking lemon water all night when been waking I'll chug a glass though thanks
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    I'm up too. Cup of warm milk for me. :)
  • ShaleSelkies
    ShaleSelkies Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I usually eat some cereal if water doesn't work.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    I can never sleep, I get up and head out the door.i love cardio in the dark outside when it is minus 20.
  • LazyNightOwl
    LazyNightOwl Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I can never sleep, I get up and head out the door.i love cardio in the dark outside when it is minus 20.

:o:s
  • ericalillykristene
    ericalillykristene Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Ugh I'm obsessed with sleep once I'm sleeping. Dieting doesn't make it easy. I WISH I loved cardio when it's dark and cold. Send me those vibes.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I wake up often during the night, and usually fall back asleep without a problem, except for being thirsty and needing a small drink of water ... but if my stomach is growling and uncomfortably achy because of hungry, I will eat something small in volume to hold me over ... a glass of milk, warmed up; a 4 ounce apple; a slice of cheese; a tablespoon of nuts; ... if I'm very hungry I might even go for a slice of bread made into a sandwich of some sort. .... PS ... the point being to keep the calories in the snack level of under 150 or so.
  • summertime2619
    summertime2619 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Try some hot herbal tea or Tyra Banks said (years ago on her show) to keep some plain turkey from the deli on hand. Nothing yummy like smoked or honey but just absolutely plain. Then, if you are waking up hungry, you'll eat that and know it's not just a craving. If you don't really want it, then just wait for the craving to pass. The plain turkey has no sugar or anything that will hinder your healthy lifestyle that you're trying to achieve. But I imagine if you really hate turkey you could pick another sugarless, low fat food with protein that could keep you till morning. A small salad without dressing maybe?
  • echo331
    echo331 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I usually drink a large glass of water or brew a cup of herbal tea. If the hunger doesn't pass, I'll eat something small like an apple or a handful of pretzel sticks.
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    I try and leave 100-150 left for the middle of the night since I'm a horrible sleeper. If I don't eat it, bonus! (but I usually do)
  • kelli980
    kelli980 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Try some veggies. Carrot's ,penut butter on a banana ect
  • Erfw7471
    Erfw7471 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I'm hypoglycemic so different situation than just waking up hungry, but if I need something in the middle of the night I usually have a slice of whole wheat bread with almond butter, an apple with almond butter, a protein bar, or some carrots with a cheese stick.
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Usually cereal.
  • Arizona_C
    Arizona_C Posts: 1,476 Member
    Options
    Hot milky tea.

If I cannot go back to sleep, I have youghurt, its gives confortable feeling of being full and is easy to digest when sleeping.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    A slice of cheese or warm milk. Though this doesn't happen to me often.
  • brewerfan13
    brewerfan13 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Woke up stomache growling do I eat and what or wait till up in 5 hours?

Prescription cough syrup (with codene) before bed and you will sleep right through.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I won't get up, don't know why. My stomach can be grumbling and be getting a headache, but don't want to get up to eat anything. A tums usually helps, or I just go back to sleep. I usually feel fine once I get up at normal time so not sure what is going on
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I started planning a bowl of cereal right before bed (literally, I sit in bed and eat it while reading) and that has helped not only those mid-night stomach pains from not eating enough, but also improved my quality of sleep
  • paulline1
    paulline1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    When not if I wake during the night I usually go downstairs and make myself a cup of tea but i have heard eating a banana before you go to bed helps you sleep through the night.