Rebounding (trampoline fitness)

Options
:) I started my rebounding today. I went and bought a fitness trampoline from Walmart. Wow!! What a workout. I was going to exercise according to some videos on YouTube but decided to just make my own. I danced, jumped, and moved for 90 minutes. Of course stopping here and there for a breath and to drink water . I played zumba music on my jb flip and had so much fun in my own home. I couldn't believe what a workout it is. What I like the best is no hard impact on knees or joints! Has anyone else tried It? Heard it's popular and taking off in some fitness gyms already.

Replies

• Ideabaker
    Ideabaker Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the wonderful world of rebounding! It can be a great workout and as you noted is kind on the joints. I love that it can be done indoors or outdoors and that there are so many great workouts out there for free on YouTube and other sites. Plus, it's just downright fun, so it doesn't "feel" like a workout. I lost 20 pounds with rebounding making up the bulk of my cardio during that time. Actually had to step back from it for a while as I was losing TOO much weight. Enjoy what may become your newfound passion!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I used mine this morning!
  • wannabfitnevarez
    wannabfitnevarez Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    :) It is going to definitely be my new love!! It just feels like your having fun and does not at all feel like a workout. I can see someone losing a lot of weight doing this.
  • trudie_b
    trudie_b Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    90 minutes!!!! I'm done after 45, and I consider myself fit! I do HIIT on it though, that burns you out. It's definitely my favourite form of cardio.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I just do different bounces (love my Jump Sport). On YouTube Arnita Champion is my favorite.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Rebounders are awesome. Cheaper, more fun, and space efficient than a treadmill. My go to when I can't get outside.
  • wannabfitnevarez
    edited January 2017
    Options
    @jennybearlv I totally agree! Here where I live it's way too hot in the summer to go walking. Winter gets dark so early by the time I get home from work. It is easy to just work out at home. Don't have to go anywhere, or wait for machines. And if you want to work out more than once you can. I can't believe I never had one till now!
  • wannabfitnevarez
    Options
    @TeaBea I will have to look her up. I saw a few today. Some have some pumped up music which I love, helps motivation to it's highest peak.
  • wannabfitnevarez
    Options
    @trudi_b oh my gosh those 90 minutes was intense, fun but yet a good kinda tired and already sore lol.. When I would go to gym I could be on elliptical for an hour at hardest peak, I just got bored of doing same thing each day. It's nice I can just walk into the next room and turn my awesome workout music on and get it done. Not just once a day for an hour. I hope this helps with my weight loss, I have heard awesome stories about rebounding. :)
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    Has anyone else tried It?

i had one of those in the 80's and really liked it. but i can't agree about the no-stress; it did a few little things to my knees over a fairly long term. i guess it's kind of like how i wouldn't lift now if i were wearing squishy-soled shoes. the impact is less but i seem to pay for it in torque factors instead.