Aqua Aerobics

Options
Does anyone do this on a regular? If so do you see results

Replies

• sarabushby
    sarabushby Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I used to do it, two classes a night, two nights a week, including the tougher class variations. I packed it in when I realised that fun as it was, I saw no real changes to my physique or fitness levels. With hindsight it just wasn't strenuous enough to burn enough calories to offset what I was eating at the time.
  • linda212121
    linda212121 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I have a bad knee so I need to find a good way to exercise. Any other ideas ?
  • Alisonswim46
    Alisonswim46 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    You could try aqua jogging.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Check out the classes near you. Each class is different. Our Y has several different types of water classes with some much more challenging than others. Some are more oriented towards mobility and others towards fitness for healthy people. Just because someone else's class wasn't challenging enough for them, it doesn't mean that yours won't be.
  • Suezy13
    Suezy13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I've been doing aqua for a few years now 2-3 times a week in a very active class. I've just had a 4 week break and started to put the weight back on. I think as long as you're doing something active that's the important thing!
  • ridiculous59
    ridiculous59 Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    This is my third winter doing deep water running classes and i've lost 86 pounds. I do lots of other activities throughout the year (running, snowshoeing, skiing, skating, cycling, stairmaster, weights) but I always enjoy the pool classes a couple of times a week in the winter. I find that you can make the class as intense or as easy as you want. What surprised me was that the deep water classes are a real core workout.
  • linda212121
    linda212121 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the comments as with a bad leg with metal I can't do a lot of exercises
  • Genieb7799
    Genieb7799 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Can anyone tell me what to put down for calorie burn from 60 minutes of water aerobics?
  • Rucndbl
    Rucndbl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This is my third winter doing deep water running classes and i've lost 86 pounds. I do lots of other activities throughout the year (running, snowshoeing, skiing, skating, cycling, stairmaster, weights) but I always enjoy the pool classes a couple of times a week in the winter. I find that you can make the class as intense or as easy as you want. What surprised me was that the deep water classes are a real core workout.

Please - can you help me understand what this is? I have found myself in the pool at least 3 days a week and find that treading water and just moving my arms and legs gives me a fabulous work out - sorta like aquarobics, but more intense. I've often wondered how to incorporate the running portion but I'm not coordinated enough. Thank you.