Interested in senior citizens with weight problem

Options
Hi there. I'm 77 and have been overweight for the last fifty years. Not that I haven't tried. You name it I've tried all the diets except grapefruit. Now it's a matter of life or death. I want to see my great grandchildren graduate from high school. Would like to "talk" will another senior citizen trying to lose weight.

Replies

• 6pkOTurtles
    6pkOTurtles Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Not a senior citizen - mid 20's here, but I am disabled, so exercise isn't always possible for me. I have severe Rheumatoid Arthritis and I've managed to lose about 9 pounds in the last month. Might be able to share a few ideas. Add me if you like.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    I'm 69 and have been on here over three years, I've lost47 lbs. yes it's slower as you get older but you have to stick with it. You can do this just make sure you log everything. Good luck
  • rockysmate
    rockysmate Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 65 and find that weight loss is extremely slow. I've done some reading on metabolism but don't find any irrefutable evidence. I log on MFP and exercise and can lose maybe a pound a week. What I've read about metabolism suggests that weight loss slows as you reach your target weight and then your now slower metabolism is what makes it so difficult to maintain.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request I am here everyday for mutual support.
  • belleshep417
    belleshep417 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm sending over a friends request. I'll help in any way I can!!!