Gift of Fitness for Christmas Challenge

Options
Hello everyone, I have decided this year for Christmas I am giving myself the gift of fitness! I am going to start today & end on 12/20 since that is when I will leave to travel to see my family for Christmas! That is 165 days away or approximately 23 weeks. My goal is 2 pounds a week or a total of 46 pounds. I am going to be drinking my Cinch shakes so I know I will have great results if I am also exercising! I would love to have people join me so we can help keep each other accountable. Rules will be minimum 64 oz of water, staying within your calorie level, exercising 4 days a week minimum & each month we will change our exercise routine.

There is another challenge where the loser is contributing a predetermined amount to a charity each week which I thought was a phenomenally awesome idea so if you guys were up for it I would love to do that as well!

Either way, lets get these pounds & inches off!!!!!!

Replies

• anninmontana
    anninmontana Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, Losingitin11. I think your challenge sounds like a great one. I have been walking or riding my bike lately, but I need a reason to be consistent, so I would love to join your challenge. Your goals sound like they match mine well, and I really need an accountability partner.
    AnnInMontana - ae.newlife@yahoo.com
  • TessaL221
    TessaL221 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I would love to join you! I have about 40 lbs I'd like to lose still, so that would put me at my goal by Christmas! Can you say lil black dress for New Year? Staying within my cals and exercising isn't a problem, but what routines are you thinking?
  • EricaLynn1
    EricaLynn1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I want to be involved in this one too! 30-40lbs and I need some motivation. I am 175 lbs and want to be 140-145 by Christmas!
  • JenL0690
    JenL0690 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I would love to join! My goal by christmas is 130lbs! I am 163 now.
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I would like to join this challenge too and be at my goal weight by Christmas which is 115 lbs! :)
  • RasheedaR
    RasheedaR Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!! I am so excited you are all on board!!!! Yay!!!

As far as exercise goes you can do anything as long as you do some card & resistance training since the combo will produce the best results! I will be doing a combo of home videos like turbofire (cardio), chalean extreme (weights), on Demand exercise videos & going to the gym. Each month we should change the routine as far as intensity, length or type of workout. The more we can keep our bodies guessing the better!

I am thinking to keep it fair we should do: Inches, pounds & body fat losses. We can weigh in/post progress on Saturday mornings.

Would you guys like to have the person who has had the least progress to do the charity donation each week? We could do something very small like $1-$5, more as an accountability thing & putting our money where our mouth is!
  • RasheedaR
    Options
    Tessa I would love to be in a very little black dress by New years! My ultimate goal is to be in single digits (size 8 or 6) by then!!!
  • TessaL221
    Options
    Tessa I would love to be in a very little black dress by New years! My ultimate goal is to be in single digits (size 8 or 6) by then!!!
    That is my ultimate goal as well! I just want to hit a size 8 in my adult life. I have a large bone structure, so I'll never be 100 lbs or anything, and I might ultimately look best in a size 10, but I want to wear a size 8 for just a little while!
  • RasheedaR
    Options
    Goood Morning Everyone!

So we didn't officially weigh/measure in on Saturday! I apologize I had several exams to take & totally forgot. We can do it today??
  • RasheedaR
    Options
    Ok So as of this morning:

Weight: 201 :noway:

Measurements
    Chest: 41.5
    Arms: 14
    Waist: 36
    Belly button: 38.5
    Butt: 48
    Hips: 46.6
    Thighs: 28.5
    Calves:17
    Neck: 13.5
  • JenL0690
    JenL0690 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    My starting weight is 162.4.

I will take measurements tmrw and post!
  • TessaL221
    Options
    Weight: 185

Measurements
    Chest: 40.5
    Arms: 12
    Waist: 33
    Belly button: 37
    Butt: 45.75
    Hips: 46.25
    Thighs: 26.25
    Calves:15
  • RasheedaR
    Options
    Ok!

So measurements are the same for me but this morning was 200.00. So down 1 pound! This week should get me out of the 200's. I was hoping for last week but I will take it this week. I will be much more focused this week, had a lot of stuff going on. As Anninmontana told me food won't cure any of it but I was not prepared as I should have been. This week I will make my meals in advance & preplan each day! What will you do different this week?
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I know I am late, I would love to join too! What better gift can we give ourselves? My starting weight is 187 pounds.
    Chest-42 inches
    Hips-45.5 inches
    Waist-33 inches
    L Thigh-26 inches
    L Arm-13.5 inches
  • RasheedaR
    Options
    GREAT to have you Darrcn!!!! That is exactly what I was thinking is there is nothing better to give yourself for the holiday! I have enough clothes & shoes & STUFF but what I want it to be fit, happy & confidence. Best of all ONLY I can give that to myself! So happy you are joining in too!! Accountability is the key to success!! :bigsmile:
  • TessaL221
    Options
    Weight: 183

Measurements
    Chest: 40
    Arms: 11.5
    Waist: 32.25
    Belly button: 36.5
    Butt: 45.5
    Hips: 46.25
    Thighs: 26
    Calves:14.75
    Total: 266.25 Previous total: 269.25 1 week loss: -3"
  • RasheedaR
    Options
    YES!!!!!!!! I am finally under 200!!!! Whooo hooo! Whooo hooo! Whooo hoooo! So excited you guys! Christmas goal I am coming after you!
  • TessaL221
    Options
    Sorry I haven't posted. I'm in PA visiting family and internet connections are scarce. I will be back home on the 15th and will be buckling down and getting serious because this goal is approaching quicker than it seems ;)