Post Pregnancy Success Stories

Options
rnelson88
rnelson88 Posts: 122 Member
Looking for post pregnancy success stories to help motivate my wife. She has low self esteem and no matter how much I tell her she can do it she still doubts herself. I personally think she's beautiful regardless but she wants to do it for health reasons. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• babybear_mt
    babybear_mt Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    9 months postpartum here. Started my weightloss journey when my son was 4 months old. Down to 172/173 from 216.4 and I'm 5'7". I still have 20/25 pounds to go (possibly!!). I've never been this small as an adult and am slowly creeping up to the smallest I remember weighing!
    My motivation to lose the weight was totally my son. I want to be the best, healthiest mama I can be for him. It hasn't been easy, but what is? I didn't start too drastically, I don't think. I started with 1700/1800 calories and am now down to 1400. I still nurse my son as much as I can, but I was supplementing with formula from 1 month with him due to lack in that department.
    I don't know what else you're looking for :-) so just ask!!!
  • Vanilla_Lattes
    Vanilla_Lattes Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I lost 40# and I'm now the healthiest I've ever been. I'm 30 and had 3 children back to back.
  • Vanilla_Lattes
    Vanilla_Lattes Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Search me, I have a success story. Had another baby and got the weight back off. Need to update my SS.
  • jnananamaste
    jnananamaste Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    SDB210 wrote: »
    I gained 42lbs during my 2nd pregnancy. This pic was taken 2 weeks ago on holiday, 10 months PP and 4 lbs left till I reach pre-pregnancy weight. All done by eating at a calorie deficit and working out with fitness dvd's.

There's lots of us on here (MFP) if your wife wants to join up for support :)

kg030qvbgebg.jpg

Way to go momma! Very inspiring!
  • mrsmammahunter
    mrsmammahunter Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    rnelson88 wrote: »
    Looking for post pregnancy success stories to help motivate my wife. She has low self esteem and no matter how much I tell her she can do it she still doubts herself. I personally think she's beautiful regardless but she wants to do it for health reasons. Thanks in advance!

Hi would it be okay if I added you and sent you a message ?
  • cphillpot
    cphillpot Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I was 170lbs before I got pregnant for the first time. I ended up having twins! The day before I had them I weighed in at 240lbs. I went down to 220lbs after having them and have stayed there for close to 2 years. I just started working out and watching what I eat again, but I've already lost 8lbs and feel better than ever!

I'm a single mom so I've had to do all the motivating myself, though I have found support in some of my Facebook mommy groups. I would suggest that instead of trying to advise her on what to do/eat, maybe try asking her to join you for a walk? Or cook a healthy meal that you know is low calorie but don't bring it up. I'm not saying manipulate her by any means, just lead by example. Encourage her instead of pushing.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    I weighed about 122 pounds when I got pregnant with my first. I've had 3 babies in 4 years and I currently weigh about 118 pounds. I got as low as 107 after my first. It was progressively harder to lose the baby weight with each pregnancy, but committing to be active with my babies and watching my intake worked -breastfeeding/pumping definitely helped too.
  • Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Her motivation has to come from within. Definitely be there to support her (as the other poster said) by watching the children when she needs to work out, telling her how sexy she is (in a real unforced way) etc and then just doing the little nothings that many of us love.. lower back touches, eye connections etc... she'll continue to feel attractive and in her own time want to be More for her self and for you. I just woke up one day tired of having to squeeze in my gut (I have four children with the youngest being two now) and tired of people thinking I was pregnant again. Lol My then one year old was ready to supplement with almond milk, so I didn't have to worry about milk supply any longer...any way, all of that to say..it was a process arriving at the point where I was ready to begin this lifelong journey. I became somewhat "addicted" to fitness though and dove All the way in. Lol That, my Fitbit and MFP had the weight melting off.. I'm 5'8 with my highest weight after the baby being 193lbs. I'm 140lbs now and have been at a healthy weight and bmi for over a year now. It took about six months to drop most of the initial weight with body weight exercises and now weights Really sculpting me a nice shape. All of this is a process and it starts with a mental shift.. Generally the sustainable shift comes from within. :-)
  • rnelson88
    Options

Hi would it be okay if I added you and sent you a message ?

Yeah that's fine. Thanks.
  • rnelson88
    Options
    OP I'd caution pushing (not saying you are) but she knows her body has changed, trust me. She knows this better than anyone. There's a whole host of emotional, physical, hormonal and life changes that come with being a mom. For some of us, it takes a little longer to be ready and that really, truly is ok. Be there to support her journey, but it really has to be when she feels ready. Concrete examples of being supportive including smiling and taking over with the kid(s) without issue when she needs time to go to the gym or take a mental/relaxation break and being really agreeable and on board about healthy food choices she introduces that impact the whole family (like the dinner menu). Being on board with walks and other family activity are also great for being supportive. Make sure she gets sleep. Keep telling her she's beautiful. That goes a long way. You seem like a nice guy - be supportive and she'll get there in her own time.

Thanks for the advice! I've always told her how sexy and beautiful she is before and after having our amazing children. It's been roughly 18 months since our last child was born and we want to start trying for another. It was her idea to lose weight because she wants to be healthy before getting pregnant to prevent any complications, which I totally understand and agree with. But like you said, all I can do is be supportive and wait. I'm very close to becoming certified as a personal trainer and working on my nutritionist license so I know exactly what to do to lose fat and just overall be healthier. The only problem is, I've tried training and guiding her in the past and she thinks I'm too harsh on her. The thing is, I treat her exactly the same as my clients lol. When I say clients I'm talking about friends and friends of friends that I give free sessions to due to not being certified yet (just to be clear lol). Thanks again for the feedback!
  • rnelson88
    Options
    Thank you all for your support and encouragement. I'll pass it on to my wife. We're going to try first thing tomorrow to start the Whole30 program together. We're about to go shopping now to get what we need for our meal plan. Wish us luck! God bless;)
  • jnananamaste
    jnananamaste Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    OP I'd caution pushing (not saying you are) but she knows her body has changed, trust me. She knows this better than anyone. There's a whole host of emotional, physical, hormonal and life changes that come with being a mom. For some of us, it takes a little longer to be ready and that really, truly is ok. Be there to support her journey, but it really has to be when she feels ready. Concrete examples of being supportive including smiling and taking over with the kid(s) without issue when she needs time to go to the gym or take a mental/relaxation break and being really agreeable and on board about healthy food choices she introduces that impact the whole family (like the dinner menu). Being on board with walks and other family activity are also great for being supportive. Make sure she gets sleep. Keep telling her she's beautiful. That goes a long way. You seem like a nice guy - be supportive and she'll get there in her own time.

Thanks for the advice! I've always told her how sexy and beautiful she is before and after having our amazing children. It's been roughly 18 months since our last child was born and we want to start trying for another. It was her idea to lose weight because she wants to be healthy before getting pregnant to prevent any complications, which I totally understand and agree with. But like you said, all I can do is be supportive and wait. I'm very close to becoming certified as a personal trainer and working on my nutritionist license so I know exactly what to do to lose fat and just overall be healthier. The only problem is, I've tried training and guiding her in the past and she thinks I'm too harsh on her. The thing is, I treat her exactly the same as my clients lol. When I say clients I'm talking about friends and friends of friends that I give free sessions to due to not being certified yet (just to be clear lol). Thanks again for the feedback!

It's always hardest to take a professional role in a family relationship but it sounds like you have balance and are supportive. I'm sure it will work out...and good luck to you both on the next baby!!
  • rnelson88
    Options
    Thank you @jnananamaste!
  • alarmed123
    alarmed123 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Started my weight loss journey in 2015, got pregnant in the middle of it. My highest was 333 and I got prego at 200, delivered nearly 8 weeks ago and am now 165. Still fat but I lost more than my pre pregnancy weight lol most of the weight gained from pregnancy just comes off with little to no effort.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!