Could the scale possibly be broke??

Options
so my scale at home has been stuck on the same scale for about 3 weeks now, i have been freaking out because im working really hard and not losing anything, Well yesterday i was over my uncles swimming and in his one bedroom while i was getting dressed there was a scale, so i stood on it, Mind you it was 5pm and i had ate breakfast and lunch.. and the scale said i was 4lbs lighter.. is there a possibility that my scale is broke from me stepping on it every morning??

Replies

• pjhrt
    pjhrt Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Is there someone else that could test it for you? If it's showing the same every time you go on it, but you know that someone else should be a different weight, get them to have a go and see what it says.
  • pitbullmama
    pitbullmama Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Is it digital? Might need a new battery. Have you tried putting weights or even a bag of suger on it to see how it registers?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    You can always check the scales. You just need to step on the scales holding something really heavy and see if the weight changes. And maybe get a new battery!?
  • shelld70
    shelld70 Posts: 106
    Options
    In my experience, different scales can show different weights. Like, why do we always seem to weigh more at the doctor's office? The scale at the gym always shows more than the one at home, too. Maybe, change the batteries and see if that helps. :happy:
  • SLaw4215
    SLaw4215 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I have a Weight Watcher's digital scale and have decided to not use it because I don't trust it. I use a non-digital non fancy scale. The digital scale weight changes every single time I step on it even if I weigh myself 3 times in 5 minutes even after I've changed the battery. So...it could be that your scale is broken :flowerforyou:
  • hornseagirl
    hornseagirl Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    treat yourself to some nice new ones.............. mine went similar and the new ones gave me renewed motivation as they even weigh down to the ounce! ha ha
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    That is possible. But what is also possible is a plateau. They are evil. But I got sucked into one for 6 weeks. I think I've finally broken through it. Especially after losing a bunch of weight, your body can get used to things and stop losing. Can't hurt to do all the suggestions you receive. But if that doesn't solve the problem, you may be on a plateau.
  • AmandaLenn86
    AmandaLenn86 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    So it turns out that the scale is wrong at home... I tried 3 different scales. one said 260 one said 256 and one said 253!!!WOW!! idk what one to use!! yikes!!