ANYONE OVER 50?

Options
I'm new to MFP and am looking for folks who are 50 or over and are struggling to lose weight!

Replies

• speshkoff
    speshkoff Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am. I'm struggling with my weight, too. Really started to seriously count cals this year. Used to run a lot, but back issues now, so I must change my exercise routine, plus, of course, the metabolism thing is really messing things up for me. My goal is to lose 25 lbs. HBU? What's your story?
  • barbeedwards
    barbeedwards Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 53 and 8.6 pounds off since the 4th and on my way to losing 100 pounds. I'm tired of being tired and having to take medication I wouldn't need to take if I was a lot less weight. So here I am making sure to log every day my calories. I've started at the gym with a personal trainer to get moving. My ultimate goal - climb Mt. Whitney.
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    Me too! 52 and down 4 since the 1st...I'm a slow loser, could stand to lose 50 but more likely 20 will be the goal (that would be my lowest adult weight).

barbeedwards...I love your goal! I want to take hubby to climb killamanjaro for his 65th birthday in 4 years...that's the big goal.
  • jwtxpeach
    jwtxpeach Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am actually 60+....lol but would love to join the group and try and stay motivated. I just started a new eating plan January 4th and lost 4.2 lbs the first week....then....got weak and had Mexican food with 2 Margarita's! I did eat chicken fajitas w/o the tortilla though. Anyway that set me back 2 lbs.:( Back on track and hope to do this. I weight 175 and my goal is 140.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I'm 54 and down 80 in the past year.
  • ice826
    ice826 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am 60. My goal was to lose 40 lbs. I am an avid user of MFP. It is helping me attain a more healthy lifestyle
  • katmandoux
    katmandoux Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Over 60 here (65), been working at life in earnest since 2009....lost 56 lbs since then, and trying to drop more...
    Was a cross country runner early on, went to road racing in the 70's...Then Life hit me...But I'm back now running for my life, Between cervical fusions, and partial knee replacement, and shoulder reattachments, I am limited to 5K runs by my "KneeDoc" whom I trust...
  • flatcoatedR
    flatcoatedR Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, Iam 60. I lost 90 lbs from Jan 2016 to September and and fell, no I jumped off the wagan during the holidays and gained a good amount back. I am back on for a couple weeks now and down 12 lbs. Iam ready to get serious again and back on this journey to reaching my goal. I have about 100 lbs more to lose. Glad to join all of you.
  • shanatova14
    shanatova14 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi- I'm 52 and struggle with sugar addiction and emotional eating.
  • pboceo
    pboceo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    53 years old and am I trying to get back into being more active. An ankle injury screwed me up last year so I've done nothing but relax and gain weight since then. Arg! Over It!!!
  • lindarpolk
    lindarpolk Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I just turned 54 and I have 40-50 pounds to lose. I have a stressful, low-paying job in education, so I working on getting a different one. I was just diagnosed with mild sleep apnea, so now I have a good, diagnosed reason for being tired, but I still have to get up and keep up at work.
  • davedoubleu
    davedoubleu Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Back on with the app as I find it the best way to lose weight. Couldn't do it without excercise though as that is what takes the weight off. I row for two half hours a day and hope to lose another stone soon.
  • LaGata8484
    LaGata8484 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Just celebrated my 56th, and am at an all-time high with my weight. I've struggled all my life, but especially after turning 45. I want to lose 40 pounds. I promised myself to track my food intake and to make 10,000 steps/day. I know weight loss will happen, and I'm not going to stress myself.
  • sammylar1
    sammylar1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I am starting over again after the year of 2016 :o
    I am looking for support and friendship to help me lose the extra 20 pounds I gained back and then lose the rest of the weight I need to.
  • gottennis_2
    gottennis_2 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    53 here. Avid tennis player.
    Add me if you like.
  • anadeliacenteno
    anadeliacenteno Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Me! I am over 50.
  • brookdalemom
    brookdalemom Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I will be 50 in 21 days - my goal for this chapter is to finally lose this weight. Like to walk, lift weights and cook.