Down 65 lbs in 5 months!

Options
Thank you My Fitness Pal!! My mental turning point had to be the day my sweet husband gave me his credit card. Said I could spend as much money as I wanted on myself. This was a pretty big deal seeing as I'm a stay at home mom living on a mechanics income lol I went shopping with my sister in law who is a skinny Minny. We went to the mall and with all the money I got to spend.. I bought one black $8 tank top. My friend tried on so many cute outfits and found so many awesome deals. What an eye opener that day was for me. That next day I began my life long journey counting calories. I'm so excited to say.. in 5 short months I have lost 65 lbs from 310 to 245 and still going strong!! From a size 24 pants to a size 18!! I was having headaches every single day and after just a few weeks of eating right.. they were gone!! My cravings were (mostly) gone. What an amazing experience this has been for me! It is such an amazing feeling to have the energy to play with my boys and keep up with them daily. It has also been an amazing feeling to know that I have motivated many friends and family to jump on the mfp bandwagon! I'm ready to live a long healthy life with the people I love and can't wait till I reach my 100 lb goal!!

Replies

• Love_Live_Strong
    Love_Live_Strong Posts: 6 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Congratulations!!
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Great job!! I am in the same boat, I weigh 245 right now.
  • newlife7654
    newlife7654 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Are you using any specific approach? Low carb/ high protein/ lots of exercise? I am exactly where you started and have been tracking for 4 days now...trying to stay on lower end of carbs. Thank you and congratulations, that is awesome!
  • Lucy1752
    Lucy1752 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You sound happy and positive. I am sure you will make your mark!
  • melto1989
    melto1989 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I hope that's me in 5months! Keep it up your doing great!
  • wgbp1724
    wgbp1724 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am only doing low calorie. But I personally am not going by the calorie number that MFP gave me. I'm 5'11 and the app told me to consume like 16-1700 and I think that's a little high at least for myself. The first week I think I did 1500 to get started. It's crazy to think I was eating at least 3000 calories a day.. easy! So after the first week.. I went down to 1400 then 1300 and that's where I stopped. Weeks that I might have a cheat day.. like the week before Christmas, i lowered my intake to 11-1200 so I could eat on the holiday! I allow about 1-2 cheat days a month and try to save those for special occasions. Now I'm adding cardio! It works!! I promise! They say it takes 30 days to form a habit or break one but I promise after just one or two weeks.. it becomes natural! I'm going to be basics and say.. if I can do it you can!!!
  • karoline247
    karoline247 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!
  • Allie2060
    Allie2060 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You're doing great!
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    That's awesome results-thanks for sharing. Very motivating!! Congrats on your success :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!