Restarting! Let's be friends!

Options
2»

Replies

• CarverGirl33
    CarverGirl33 Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I'm starting over again as well. My weight gain/loss has been a yo-yo since I was about 25. I'm 44 now and it's obvious that a complete change in my eating habits has to happen. It gets harder and harder to lose weight as you get older. My Fitness Pal is a great tool and helped me lose 20lbs last year but I stopped using it and stopped working out regularly and I found that 20lbs again real fast.
  • dparisi82
    dparisi82 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your engagement and your decision to lose weight! I just started myself. After having two kids back to back and having additional weight to lose, I've finally made the commitment to myself to lose weight. My goal is to lose 25lbs. Good luck on your journey!
  • lfcjohn
    lfcjohn Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Starting new year with weight loss plan about 50lbs as well!! Feel free to add friend to motivate each other!
  • sassy09
    sassy09 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I hear you all the way.. I've added you
  • LadyTapatia
    LadyTapatia Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Saaaaaammmeeeeee! I got to the 160s but went back up to the 180s. I really want to lose 60 lbs. I'm 5'3" btw. Feel free to add me anyone
  • RoosterDJC
    RoosterDJC Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as most of you here. Started in January, looking to drop about 50 to 60 lbs. So far so good! I'm glad there is support on here, thank you all!
  • mamabear1114
    mamabear1114 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!!! :)
    5'8 and 188#, looking to lose 16#!
  • whitsouth
    whitsouth Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm a restart as well and would like to join your support community. Would like to lose 40 pounds.
  • xxxglaxxx
    xxxglaxxx Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    i'm on the same boat. i'm restarting as well.

new year, new start. i'm determined to finally reach my goal weight this year :)

feel free to add me so we can help and support each other :)
  • Goldfiver
    Goldfiver Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    U can add me if you like. I've been myfitnesspal devoted logging as best as I could all my foods exercises etc 2 years ago and managed to drop from 109kg(17 stone) to around 96kg (15 stone)! Felt great... but then started to have wee snack here, wee Cheeky drink there, etc so back to 99kg. I am determined to drop my weight up to 80-85kg before summer. Fed up of having chubby cheeks and beer belly. My partner is quite Pettit and a size 8, she has a great figure and is always doing some type diet to loose 1lb. I found it funny when I need to shift at least 1 and 1/2 stone. She says I look great but I see myself in the mirror and It doesn't look sexy at all. I'm a great cook and love food and know that the secret to loosing weight for me is, do more exercise even if only 30 mn day and try to eat less. All my portions are man portions and as I don't need all that energy, I bought a small plate now. If it doesn't fit in it I won't eat it. . I do have muscly complexion and put muscle very quick when regularly exercising. The issue is my appetite also increases and if I stop exercising I just pile weight on. Last year on holiday I felt to be the biggest person in the holiday resort I was with my partner and got a few looks off people. I could read their thoughts "what is the girl doing with a massive guy like him!" So... felt shity but this year I'm going to try to be in shape for the summer! Fed up of looking like the guy from suther comfort advert (minus the speedos). Let's all do it in 2017. Great year to burn this fat away.
  • RoosterDJC
    RoosterDJC Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Best thing I read this morning! Glad you are along for the ride Fiver!
  • thumbingmyway524
    thumbingmyway524 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Goldfiver wrote: »
    U can add me if you like. I've been myfitnesspal devoted logging as best as I could all my foods exercises etc 2 years ago and managed to drop from 109kg(17 stone) to around 96kg (15 stone)! Felt great... but then started to have wee snack here, wee Cheeky drink there, etc so back to 99kg. I am determined to drop my weight up to 80-85kg before summer. Fed up of having chubby cheeks and beer belly. My partner is quite Pettit and a size 8, she has a great figure and is always doing some type diet to loose 1lb. I found it funny when I need to shift at least 1 and 1/2 stone. She says I look great but I see myself in the mirror and It doesn't look sexy at all. I'm a great cook and love food and know that the secret to loosing weight for me is, do more exercise even if only 30 mn day and try to eat less. All my portions are man portions and as I don't need all that energy, I bought a small plate now. If it doesn't fit in it I won't eat it. . I do have muscly complexion and put muscle very quick when regularly exercising. The issue is my appetite also increases and if I stop exercising I just pile weight on. Last year on holiday I felt to be the biggest person in the holiday resort I was with my partner and got a few looks off people. I could read their thoughts "what is the girl doing with a massive guy like him!" So... felt shity but this year I'm going to try to be in shape for the summer! Fed up of looking like the guy from suther comfort advert (minus the speedos). Let's all do it in 2017. Great year to burn this fat away.

Sounds like thinking mistakes to me. Just remember the only person you have to know is yourself- what others think of you is none of your business. Good luck to you- I just added you! Sending well wishes to your partner to find some kind of acceptance of herself as well. We are all our own worst critic!
  • prostmm
    prostmm Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Me too please. I'm 5'3" and wanting lose about 40-50 lbs total but will take it 5-10 lbs at a time. I've done this in the past and lost weight but have gained it back due to family stress and nursing school. In the past I did it without any MFP friends, but maybe I am missing out. Thanks!
  • FindingLiz0313
    FindingLiz0313 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Your all more than welcome to add me :)
  • jeanyvesgagnon9203
    Options
    Add me if you wish