How to log CrossFit

Options
Hey there, I might be a complete numpty but I seem to be having trouble logging in my exercise diary. I can find CrossFit on the database and based on my weight and for how long I participated it will give me a 'calories burned' (=278) but in the diary section CrossFit doesn't appear in the drop down selections for either cardio or strength training. Circuit training (general) is one of the drop down selections and it tells me for the same amount of time apparently I burn something ridiculous (=740). I never really eat back my exercise cals but I like to be able to log them. Can anyone shed some light??

Replies

• wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    If you don't eat them back then I wouldn't worry about it...and if you want to keep track of your activity then just log it manually the time you work out... and put in 0 calories.

• antennachick
    antennachick Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I usually log somewhere around 300 calories for 1 hour of crossfit...but you need to play around with it and see how it affects your weight loss. some people do zero calories burned as suggested above, I belive I need to eat a bit more on days I do crossfit but that jmo
  • kelssskay
    kelssskay Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I log about 100 calories for every 10 minutes of Crossfit. But I ONLY count the time that I am actually very active and heart rate is above about 135. Not usually the whole hour. On average this is about 30 minutes. Hope this helps.
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Get a heart rate monitor. MFP is rarely close with its estimates. I created Crossfit in my exercise planner and log 60 minutes as 1 calorie so it doesn't mess up my calorie count but I can go back and see that I did exercise that day.
  • CrossFitOlie
    CrossFitOlie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have a Garmin VivoActive HR watch and use strength training on the watch. Seems to be pretty accurate. I also turn on the GPS for this feature since there are some runs involved in the WOD as well. Over all, it work pretty goo, but you just need to remember to turn the activity off before leaving, other wards your workout includes your drive home.