Why does my Fitbit never register "active minutes"??

Options
Soo frustrating... I'm a new Fitbit (charge 2) user.. occasionally it doesn't accurately count steps, and stairs, but only once it has registered active minutes. I'm soo confused by this. Please let me know if you have any tips to fix this, or have experienced the same thing. Thanks:)

Replies

• JenHuedy
    JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Fitbit only awards "active minutes" for activities that are at higher level than normal walking and lasting more than 10 minutes.

As an example, it won't register my run to the gym because that only takes 7 minutes then I stop when I get to the weight room. But if I run to the gym then go run on the track for 5 minutes it counts all as active minutes.
  • Lucy17128
    Lucy17128 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I noticed too that it won't count steps if you are holding on to something, like a treadmill or grocery cart. I try to steer the cart one handed (I wonder if other Fitbit owners at the store know why I do this). When I'm on the treadmill I wrap it around my shoelaces or put it in my pocket (which won't track heart rate though)
  • natyyl85510
    natyyl85510 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Have you tried putting it in exercise mode
  • SoleilxStitch
    SoleilxStitch Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Lucy17128 wrote: »
    I noticed too that it won't count steps if you are holding on to something, like a treadmill or grocery cart. I try to steer the cart one handed (I wonder if other Fitbit owners at the store know why I do this). When I'm on the treadmill I wrap it around my shoelaces or put it in my pocket (which won't track heart rate though)

If you have a charge 2. it has exercise modes that work with treadmill, stationary bike, weightlifting, workout and interval workout.
  • hannys
    hannys Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Lucy17128 wrote: »

I also push the cart one handed. Or I try to at least!