Obese & to embarrassed to ask for support

Options
Hi I'm 39 years old married with 2 kids with a demanding job & lots of stress in general. Since snapping my Achilles 6 years ago & stopping regular competitive sport my weight has ballooned to 125kg. I'm now ready to deal with this excess weight and aim to reach under 100 kg first before targeting my ideal weight of 88kg. This is going to be a long and slow journey and would like to make friends on here so we can support and encourage eachother along the way. I've started working out 3 times a week at my local gym and have been controlling my calorie intake since the 18 Of December and have managed to lose 4 kg to my supprise! Good luck to all on here.

Replies

• kshelton957
    kshelton957 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    ibozan wrote: »
    Hi I'm 39 years old married with 2 kids with a demanding job & lots of stress in general. Since snapping my Achilles 6 years ago & stopping regular competitive sport my weight has ballooned to 125kg. I'm now ready to deal with this excess weight and aim to reach under 100 kg first before targeting my ideal weight of 88kg. This is going to be a long and slow journey and would like to make friends on here so we can support and encourage eachother along the way. I've started working out 3 times a week at my local gym and have been controlling my calorie intake since the 18 Of December and have managed to lose 4 kg to my supprise! Good luck to all on here.
    much love bro! You got this man. My journey is similar to yours, my Achilles was also snapped during a game of basket ball. I've gain 60 pounds from it, plus a few extra. I was at 296 pounds but lost 22 from good water intake and cutting back from process sugars. I'm at 274 as of now and plan to shed 50 more pounds off. I encourage you man, each day new results, keep pushing!! Add me, I wouldn't mind having a buddy to push with.

• ibozan
    ibozan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good luck Shelton - I'm sure we'll both make it. I just want to be fit & healthy for my family. It's embarrassing when you can't keep up with a 6 year old! But making progress now, hope to keep you posted. How's the Achilles feeling now? Mine sometimes get saw but my Dr says as I lose weight it will calm down.