When is best time to weigh yourself? My daughter said "after you poop mom...duh" .

Options
Which i did do lol.

Replies

• durstybritt
    durstybritt Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    after you poop in the morning before you eat anything haha
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    As long as you're consistent, you'll see the weight loss trend. I weigh every morning, after I urinate. I don't have a BMP until later and drink before then.
  • Reaverie
    Reaverie Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Ha! Love kids and their lack of filter!
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I don't poop until about 10, so I weigh after I pee as I need breakfast before then. I wish I could poop on demand.
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,007 Member
    Options
    As others have said, at the same time each day (or week) to see the trend. Keep everything as consistent as possible - try to wear the same amount of clothing and always use the same scale.

Though I found something odd, but apparently not unique, since someone else posted in another thread the same thing. As a numbers nerd, I will sometimes weigh myself multiple times in the morning to see when is the lowest dip since we all know your weight will fluctuate throughout the day. I found for me, that around 1030-11 am is my most consistent lowest weigh in time. I actually weigh a bit more when I first wake up even after I've gone to the bathroom. However, right after waking up and going to the bathroom is easiest since most people have jobs they need to be at by mid-morning, and it is a good consistent weigh in time. BTW, typically you will weigh more at night, which is why most people say first thing in the morning.
  • katiepoo22
    katiepoo22 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    In the morning before eating
  • PBWaffleCakes
    PBWaffleCakes Posts: 900 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I do it once I wake up after I go to the bathroom every Sunday.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    as long as you are consistent - I rarely poop that early in the am, so my weight is post-pee, pre-poop :)
  • Blythmag
    Blythmag Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    :o
  • AnastasiaGrs1
    AnastasiaGrs1 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You have to find a time that works for you in the morning. For example, I weight myself after breakfast. If you do this in exactly the same time, you will see the results :)

• indiacaitlin
    indiacaitlin Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh in the morning after before breakfast, after peeing!
  • Debbsoc
    Debbsoc Posts: 8 Member
    Options
  • postchrysalis
    postchrysalis Posts: 88 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I personally weigh myself first thing in the morning (7AM-ish) every week. I always make sure to pee beforehand. Pooping before the weigh-in is ideal, but it doesn't always happen. :smiley:
  • 150_lbs_by_2019
    150_lbs_by_2019 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Technically speaking, in the morning when you first wake you are slightly dehydrated and have lost water weight, so it's not completely accurate. Having a glass of water, before eating, would be a more accurate time to weigh yourself if you wanted to do so before eating.
  • showerbeer182
    showerbeer182 Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Ummmm I think I so morning and night...Definitely post taking a wiz...but before I start getting my munch on...
  • DoneWorking
    DoneWorking Posts: 247 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Friday mornings after my morning "routine" is done and I'm dried off from my shower, but before getting dressed and eating breakfast.
  • SarahLiguori
    SarahLiguori Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    For me I get the most accurate weight first thing in the morning, after I pee and naked. Depending on what I wear it can really affect the scale.